Crash 197 :(

Shame it's goin to cost you each year for the next 3 or 5 years depending on your insurance company that you use over the next few years. Apparently you're statistically more likely to have a crash now. That's what happened to me when someone hit my old car when it was in a car park and I wasn't even in mine. Stupid insurance companies. Hope it doesn't affect your renewals too much.

Shame it's goin to cost you each year for the next 3 or 5 years depending on your insurance company that you use over the next few years. Apparently you're statistically more likely to have a crash now. That's what happened to me when someone hit my old car when it was in a car park and I wasn't even in mine. Stupid insurance companies. Hope it doesn't affect your renewals too much.

Hi Mate,

I didn't go through my insurance company I took up Admiral's offer of dealing with it direct and getting it repaired so I haven't lost my NCB and didn't have to pay my excess mate so it won't affect me when it comes to renew. I am grateful I could go through the other drivers insurance company and let them get it repaired. :smile:

I pick my 197 up on next tues 24th April. It would have been away for 2 weeks in total on tues. My courtesy car was going to be a corsa D but Adrian Flux (my insurance company) wouldn't give me temp insurance as the corsa had a value higher than my clio and it was newer so I had to go back to Admiral and as I wasn't fussed about a big engine because I work local I' was given a basic and I mean basic of the basic kia Rio 11 plate. It's 1.4 engine with budget tyres on, so the word understeer is always used. lol. No central locking, manual adjustment mirrors, no electric windows, not even in the front, no engine temp guage, no carpets. The only good thing it has over the clio is a built in USB and Aux ports. Honestly.

I've got used to the hire car now and it gets me from A-B so I can't complain.

I have realised now how much I love the clio when I haven't had access to driving it. I've missed it alot since it's been in bodyshop and can't wait to pick it up. :thumbup: :smiley: Taking it for a blast when I get it back. It's one of those things that you don't realise how much you like a car until you are unable to use it due to one thing or another m8. You also get used to your car just like your home comforts.

Oh good. All's well then. I claimed on the other person's insurance too but still had to declare a non-fault claim for a few years which cost me about £50 or so each year. That's all I meant. Maybe your circumstances are different. Let's hope you don't get penalised for something that wasn't your fault. Fingers crossed. Glad you're gettin your 197 back. I miss mine if I go on holiday lol. Vroom vroom.

Make sure you inspect it really closely, the first time the bodyshop had mine - 4 weeks!! and then the numerous times back.

Yes I will make sure I inspect it in great detail, make sure there is no overspray in the wheel arches etc and paint work feels smooth.

Admiral did say that if I wasn't happy with the job I can call them up and rebook it in. The guy who has been dealing with my case and came to take photo's and inspect it before sending quote off to insurance company, he is a top bloke and took interest in my car and could quite clearly see that I take great car in looking after it. :smile:

The bodyshop who are workin on it are just 5min drive from my house and give a lifetime warrenty on their work and I suppose with having contract with top insurance companies such as Admiral you have to do a good job to keep the contracts going. I can't wait to pick it up next tues on 24th Apr.

Like I said it my previous post I would have been away in total for 2 weeks and I didn't realise I would miss the clio this much as I am used to the speed, superb handling on the cornering etc and didn't have the love for it as I should, but I'm really looking forward to driving it again and giving it a good blast when I pick her up. I'm sure i'll fall in love with it again. :smiley:

Oh good. All's well then. I claimed on the other person's insurance too but still had to declare a non-fault claim for a few years which cost me about £50 or so each year. That's all I meant. Maybe your circumstances are different. Let's hope you don't get penalised for something that wasn't your fault. Fingers crossed. Glad you're gettin your 197 back. I miss mine if I go on holiday lol. Vroom vroom.

I thought that is what you meant mate in terms of declaring that you have been in an accident regardless whether it was your falt or not. It'll be interesting to see what my renewal cost is going to be as i've got a clean licence, still got my NCB and it would only been declaring this and saying that the other driving owned up and I went through her insurance.

I'll have to see come July when my MOT and Insurance have to been renewed.

I got my clio 197 back today. :smiley: I was excited to pick the car up and am very pleased with the work that has been done on it. :smiley:

They have done a fab job, you wouldn't think it was in a accident. :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions