Crash 197 :(

Hi Guys,

Well after 5 years driving I had my first car crash. Thankfully it wasn't my fault it was another driver's fault.

I finished valeting my car at 8pm last Sunday evening and it looked in showroom condition until Tuesday evening. :worried: I was apsolutely gutted when it happened as my 3 years NCB that I'd racked up as a named driver on my previous car corsa c I wasn't allowed to transfer when I got the clio so i'm still on my 1st yrs NCB so thankfully I didn't loose it. :smile:

Basically I was driving back home from work on Tuesday 3rd April and I was approaching a roundabout in Basingstoke and I was in the outside lane and this lady driver was in the inside lane and she cut me up big time and came across wanting to take an earlier exit which she wasn't allowed to and smacked into me (drivers side). She said she indicated but in my eyes it was late because me and her were both side by side if not I was a tiny bit infront of her because she came across so I didn't see her indicate. All these years I have reacted quick and missed other idiots on the road through their stupid driving but I was just passing this car going around the roundabout and had no chance this time as she just turned into me.

The damage caused it all to the drivers side and no engine damage. It's the drivers door (still shuts and locks), rear 1/4 panel and a damaged skirt.

I took it in for inspection today and they said I would need a new door, they would try and bash out the dents in the rear 1/4 panel but they can't guarantee it because it's bent a bit inside of the door as well and there is a bracket that is snapped off on the back of the skirt so it's a bit loose but it's not cracked.

The lady owner admitted to her insurance that it was her fault and although i'm with Adrian Flux I have chosen to take Admiral up with their offer and they are taking care of it and getting my car repaired for me which means I don't have to pay my excess, loose my NCB (not that I would anyway as it wasn't my fault) and they are also giving me a hire car and giving me money to cover my temp insurance on my courtesy car. I have got to say Admiral service has been first classe since my incident and if the price was good in the near future when I have to renew I would deffinately think of using them.

The clio is due to go in for repair next Wed 11th April.

Here are pics of the damage. Hope my pictures are viewable? The damage on of the silver car is the other drivers car.

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG00432-20120403-1725.jpg

Last edited:
That sucks man. I would say, although what has happened is awful - you had the best possible outcome. No one was hurt and all it's cost you is some stress.... Glad everyone was okay man. :smile:

I also can't see the pics.

looks nasty, hope you get sorted.

I just spotted the silver car crash you, I can see that tyre thread looks very low!

Sorry to hear that mate, had a lady smash into the front end of my RB and I was stuffed in the long run insurance company placed it down to a 50|50 blame, although it was her fault

Some people just dont know the rules of the road tbh.

Emma had a similar incident a couple of years ago but due to lack of witnesses it was settled 50/50. Damn insurance companies.

I noticed that as well! were the police involved?

No the police weren't involved Carl. We both stopped, took some details and pictures and drove off, then spoke to each other on the phone later that evening. Her insurance then called me up that evening and we went from there and thankfully she had already admitted to her insurance company that it was her fault so I'm grateful that she was genuine, insured and didn't deny it.

Looks like the damage is a good £1500-£2000 incl labour, parts, and paint etc. I imagine anyway. I am going to ask when I go into the garage to drop the car off on Wed and see if I can find out the quote on how much it will all be. For starters a new door is £600/£700 i guess. The rear 1/4 panel they are going to try and bash the dent/s out and respray unless the panel beaters can't straighten what is bent on the edge of the rear 1/4 panel where the door locks as that's badly bent if not a new panel will be ordered. Slight scuff on the bottom edge of the bumber which they said will sort out and although all alloys are scuffed a bit around the edges (like that when i purchased the car) they said because the rear right alloy has got a few marks on it where her wheel touched it they will referb that.

Similar Thread Suggestions