Clio 197 Crash

Last week My mate had an terrible accident with his Clio 197 , he hit the bars approximately at a pace of 60 mph...and he survived !! even without the seatbelt !!

As you can see in the pics , he fastened passenger seat belt to the drivers seat belt socket ! When I saw this on crash site I lost my mind and thought he was dead ,but he is allright now..with some cuts on his face and body.He's lucky to be alive .... and he ruined 1 out of 7 Clio 197 in my country...

For days We were arguing about why the airbags didn't go off...I Think this is a very interesting topic for our forum , also we have the chance to see what happens to a clio 197 on a real crash ... Even what he did with seat belts do you think the airbags should go off or not ?

6917905172_9a36dd4ac9_b.jpg

7063982353_4bc46dd154_b.png

6917903550_d25cffb449_b.png

7063980611_f5fa7262c2_b.png

7063987363_576e23b339_b.png

6917905172_9a36dd4ac9_b.png

Cup spoiler for sale...

That's an awful sight - could have been a lot worse. Your friend is foolish for not having a belt and he's very lucky.

With that said, I am mighty glad everyone is okay - that could have had a much worse outcome.

Airbags will only go off if they are going to help.. for example in my old Clio I hit a tree and the airbags did not go off however.. The airbag sensor did work as it cut petrol to the car to stop fuel leaking and causing an explosion..

Most likely would not have provided any help to the driver had they went off so they didn't... although I wouldn't be poking that steering wheel any time soon..

glad your friend is ok

is that a panoramic roof??

Last edited:
Horrific looking crash and to survive that without a seatbelt is just sheer luck imo. Idiot for not wearing one.

Dunno about you, but it doesnt feel right if I'm not wearing a seatbelt in a car.

Airbags will only go off if they are going to help.. for example in my old Clio I hit a tree and the airbags did not go off however.. The airbag sensor did work as it cut petrol to the car to stop fuel leaking and causing an explosion..

Most likely would not have provided any help to the driver had they went off so they didn't... although I wouldn't be poking that steering wheel any time soon..

glad your friend is ok

is that a panoramic roof??

Yes it was....

Cup spoiler for sale...

lol that's the first thing you come out with?!!? :sleep:

That looks like it was going faster than 60! Obviously i'm not saying either way but that's a hell of a dent.

Bit of t cut and you won't notice it!

But what a bell end! I don't no how you can get in a car without putting your belt on! Even on the FTL at work I but belt on!

At least every one is ok :-D

Can you turn the belt warning off with the clio's? Cos in the old one you couldn't go 15 yards without it blaring at you to put your belt on.

Not tried it in the F1.

Can you turn the belt warning off with the clio's? Cos in the old one you couldn't go 15 yards without it blaring at you to put your belt on.

Not tried it in the F1.

nope i dont think so, but if your only going 15 yards the the noise shouldn't bother you.

what a mug not putting his seatbelt on, even though he went to all the effort to put the passenger one in the drivers socket, some peoples logic out stands me

nope i dont think so, but if your only going 15 yards the the noise shouldn't bother you.

what a mug not putting his seatbelt on, even though he went to all the effort to put the passenger one in the drivers socket, some peoples logic out stands me

^ This, what a tool lol

Absolute miracle he survived that crash without a seat belt imo. Total stupidity on his behalf to not wear one and put the passengers side one into the drivers socket.

Glad he's ok but i hope he starts wearing a seat belt as next time he wont be so lucky.

Not tried it in the F1.

You can't, also this isn't a f1, no recaros, silver wheels and brembos, just f1 decal? Unless European f1's came without all the awesome features you paid that premium for.

you can push and hold the seatbelt release (red button) which will turn the sound off.. I've moved the car quickly and had to wait before getting out with the beeping hence finding out..

I never drive without my seat belt.. for the 2 seconds it takes to put on its pointless imo..

Absolute idiot not to be wearing his seatbelt, the beep goes off for a reason, not telling him to plug the fricking passenger seatbelt into the drivers one.

Some absolute planks out there, glad he survived, but he shouldn't have looking at that.

Final Destination anyone?

You can't, also this isn't a f1, no recaros, silver wheels and brembos, just f1 decal? Unless European f1's came without all the awesome features you paid that premium for.

I was more getting at' how was th guy driving down the motor way with some very loud annoying beeping going on.

Maybe that's why he crashed? Ha