Clio 197 Crash

nope i dont think so, but if your only going 15 yards the the noise shouldn't bother you.

what a mug not putting his seatbelt on, even though he went to all the effort to put the passenger one in the drivers socket, some peoples logic out stands me

You're absolutely right ...All that effort!!

Ouch, horrible crash. Glad he is alright but ditto everyone else, stupid not to wear his seatbelt! R27 model aswell :worried:

That's one he'll of a smack for 60 mph glad he is ok as said lucky,lucky boy

likely that the driver wasn't wearing seat belt so that why the airbags not gone off.

He wasn't wearing but passenger seatbelt was connected to the drivers seatbelt socket. So I thought maybe the airbag should gone off. I don't know how the airbag-seatbelt equation works and that's what I want to find out. How can I find this tecnical info.

Blimey that was a MASSIVE shunt!!! Your friend is one lucky guy not only to be walking away from a crash that size but most importantly from not wearing a seatbelt. It makes us appreciate how safe the clio 197 is. No wonder it achieved a 5 STAR NCAP Saftey test!!!

I am also suprised why the airbages didn't go off, especially both from drivers and passengers front airbags, as the sides are ok with both doors being intacked and shut ok. I think my side seat airbag may have gone off if my impacted to my drivers side impact was alot stronger? Glad it wasn't though!! :smile:

As mentioned, Airbags are inteligent to a degree (What the sensors interpret) and will only go off in certain circumstances / the way the car hits something, they can be just as deadly as at saving lives, after all its an explosive in there! Just think he's very lucky from coming away from that with minor injuries - i think the only way you will ever know why it did not go off is plugging it into Renaults CLIP.

I know someone at my work whos excuse for not wearing a seatbelt is... if he has an accident he dosnt want to be trapped in the car with it on fire!

I got in my mates car today at lunch to pop tesco's and i ended up getting out and getting in someone elses car as he doesn't where a seat belt. When i confronted him and said to put it on he just replied "nah its uncomfortable and i cant be arsed". I was quite annoyed with him tbh so i just got out and jumped in someone elses car.
I dont want to be a passenger of a car where the driver hasn't got a belt on, crashed and then i have to look at the mess which would leave any person mentally scared for life. Not only that but someone not wearing a seatbelt in a car accident can be thrown around inside the car and cause seriouse harm to other passengers.

Its just not worth it and i hope this guy who was involved in this crash doesn't walk away with the arrogance of crashing so seriously without a seatbelt and walking away with a few cuts and bruises. No one is invincible

Last edited:
I got in my mates car today at lunch to pop tesco's and i ended up getting out and getting in someone elses car as he doesn't where a seat belt. When i confronted him and said to put it on he just replied "nah its uncomfortable and i cant be arsed". I was quite annoyed with him tbh so i just got out and jumped in someone elses car.
I dont want to be a passenger of a car where the driver hasn't got a belt on, crashed and then i have to look at the mess which would leave any person mentally scared for life. Not only that but someone not wearing a seatbelt in a car accident can be thrown around inside the car and cause seriouse harm to other passengers.

Its just not worth it and i hope this guy who was involved in this crash doesn't walk away with the arrogance of crashing so seriously without a seatbelt and walking away with a few cuts and bruises. No one is invincible
Doesn't the car beeping at him annoy the hell out of him? >.<

It's such a weird and stupid mentality. I just don't understand it.

No one is invincible

I completely agree with this.

What an idiot.

The airbag didn't deploy for safety reasons, ironically.

If the seatbelt/pretensioner circuit isn't complete the airbag won't deploy.

As we all see here, that massive transformation on the cars body, saved his life!

We can see on my pictures that the front cabin did not change shape or make the driver trapped inside and caused a serious injuries to his legs or body , yet the cars body was totaly damaged..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBDyeWofcLY

This video explains how the front chassis transfers the energy through the subframe rather than the occupants..and how safe our Renaults....