Crash 197 :(

I nearly get crashed into like that on a daily basis, there's a lot of rounabouts around here with lanes but it seems no one at all knows how to use them, just yesterday it happened to me again, I'm so used to it happening that I can predict it a mile off and slow right down and get on the horn! I hate useless drivers.

That sucks dude.

I love how people say 'I was indicating!' as a excuse for retarded driving. Indicating is precisely that, indicating a planned manoeuvre, doesn't give you grace to actually do it.

That sucks dude.

I love how people say 'I was indicating!' as a excuse for retarded driving. Indicating is precisely that, indicating a planned manoeuvre, doesn't give you grace to actually do it.

+1

Glad it's getting sorted.

What a Peugeot bint! But as said your both ok and hopefully won't be written off, I know rear quarters are a tricky thing for insurance claims replacing etc

New rear Quarter is just above the £500 mark, so if it needs a new one then the cost of claim will easily double, i know your not paying for it so no matter. I had a car hit the back of my clio at the rear quarter, and drove off. So i had to claim on my on insurance - £5k plus repair bill - thankfully insurance only went up £70

New rear Quarter is just above the £500 mark, so if it needs a new one then the cost of claim will easily double, i know your not paying for it so no matter. I had a car hit the back of my clio at the rear quarter, and drove off. So i had to claim on my on insurance - £5k plus repair bill - thankfully insurance only went up £70

Blimey that was an expensive repair bill for you mate. Sorry to hear you got hit by a idiotic driver who didn't have the balls to own up to hitting your car. Hate them!!! :@ Still very frustrating that you had to claim off your insurance when it wasn't your fault. :worried:

Like I said earlier a few clips have snapped inside the back of the skirt near the bumper, and along with a new drivers door, the rear 1/4 panel may be saved if they can straighten part of it that is bent inside where the door closes and the metal lock is so they will get the panel beaters on that and see if they can get the dents out of the panel, if not it's going to be a new 1/4 panel.

Don't they just cut and chop rear quarter panels, I no vauxhall repairers did on my ex's corsa when pretty much same accident happened apart from it was her fault, left hand lane wanting to go right.... As said she indicated and BAMMMM! Ahh dear.

Don't they just cut and chop rear quarter panels, I no vauxhall repairers did on my ex's corsa when pretty much same accident happened apart from it was her fault, left hand lane wanting to go right.... As said she indicated and BAMMMM! Ahh dear.

This wasn't my fault either mate, it was her fault so same as your incident.

I asked the guy at the bodyshop when he inspected the clio to send a quote off to her insurance and he said to replace the rear 1/4 panel they have to take rear window out, then lift up the clips on the roof where you would fit a roof rack onto if you had one, and undo the bolts which undo the top half of the rear panel. To take off the bottom half of the 1/4 panel you remove the lower side skirt and where the edge of the door shuts, well underneath the skirt is where the edge of the panel fits onto, so they would undo bolts there and remove rear 1/4 panel.

Hope this makes sense. It was new to me when he first mentioned how to remove it as before I asked him I thought it was part of the shell of the car and wasn't removable.

I doubt very much the quarter is just bolted on.

It'll be welded on as it would give the shell a good bit of strength.

I doubt very much the quarter is just bolted on.

It'll be welded on as it would give the shell a good bit of strength.

I thought this too, only as faux hall said they cut out the dent and welded a new piece into the panel... But I dont know tbh just hope it's all ok matey :-D

To be honest mate, i'd prob want a new rear quarter, rather than getting it beat out then filled and painted, it'll be cut out and welded in. Yeah it wasn't the cheapest repair bill, but thats what we pay insurance for, and only affected premium by £70 - so not the end of the world!

90% of that damage will pull out on the rear 3/4 and repair, and would need a new door and spray, really not that challenging. even if it was to have a new 3/4 they wouldn't take it upto the roof they would cut it on the c pillar and weld on a new 3/4 panel.
£120 for the 3/4 panel
£200 s/h door
£200 labour
£400 spray work.
thats what i would be looking at if i was doing myself. but then 90% sure they will Cat D it.

90% of that damage will pull out on the rear 3/4 and repair, and would need a new door and spray, really not that challenging. even if it was to have a new 3/4 they wouldn't take it upto the roof they would cut it on the c pillar and weld on a new 3/4 panel.
£120 for the 3/4 panel
£200 s/h door
£200 labour
£400 spray work.
thats what i would be looking at if i was doing myself. but then 90% sure they will Cat D it.
the 1/4 panel for the clio is much more than that, i have the invoice with it being over 500 notes, as for classing it as a cat d, doubtful as my damage was in excess of 5k, and they still repaired.

the 1/4 panel for the clio is much more than that, i have the invoice with it being over 500 notes, as for classing it as a cat d, doubtful as my damage was in excess of 5k, and they still repaired.

The total of my damage so far which has been sent to the insurance and will probably stand as the final cost is £2466. I knew it would be around £2k mark. Glad it is not coming out of my pocket.

£120 for the 3/4 panel
£200 s/h door
£200 labour
£400 spray work.

How is that a Cat D?! Repairable all day long

How is that a Cat D?! Repairable all day long

I know, I mean my crash isn't a cat D. They have put a brand new drivers door on, managed to repair the 1/4 panel and get all the dents out, repairing bottom skirt if not putting a new one on, and do a wheel alignment. Along with all this doing rear right alloy refurb and then respraying whole drivers side from back to front to finish incl where the back bumper comes around to meet 1/4 panel and front side panel above the wheel.

Estimated collection date should be 24th April (so total time would be 2 weeks) I am looking forward to collecting the clio. You don't realise how much you like the car until you are unable to use it. I am missing it big time, however, i'd rather the bodyshop keep it for 2 weeks and do a top class professional job on the car than 2 days and do a rubbish tatty job.

Last edited:
Make sure you inspect it really closely, the first time the bodyshop had mine - 4 weeks!! and then the numerous times back.

Similar Thread Suggestions