Clio RS 20th mod in Japan

So in order to lower my Recaro seats I need only those "2. Recaro adapters from Germany" or I need also a "1. Recaro Japan Sportster seats"?

If you have Renault Recaro seats in your clio, you can not use Recaro adapters for them.Recaro adapters are only for aftermarket Recaro seats including European Recaro and Japanese Recaro.

When you have Japanese Recaro sportster seats, they are 2cm lower than European Recaro at the front end of the seat base. At the rear end of the seat base, they are the same height.

If you have Renault Recaro seats in your clio, you can not use Recaro adapters for them.Recaro adapters are only for aftermarket Recaro seats including European Recaro and Japanese Recaro.

When you have Japanese Recaro sportster seats, they are 2cm lower than European Recaro at the front end of the seat base. At the rear end of the seat base, they are the same height.

Damn...I have Recaro seats, EU version. :smiley:

Wanted to lower them too but obviusly it's not that simple.

TNX 4 the info. :jase2:

Damn...I have Recaro seats, EU version. :smiley:

Wanted to lower them too but obviusly it's not that simple.

TNX 4 the info. :jase2:

Id love to lower mine aswell tbh but it just doesnt seem like it can be down easily. Another 20mm or more tbh would make all the difference.

Id love to lower mine aswell tbh but it just doesnt seem like it can be down easily. Another 20mm or more tbh would make all the difference.

I agree. Think the only way would be some custom lower seat mounting brackets.

Very small mod, an addtional hazard switch (red switch)
In Japan, its a custom to use hazard blink as saying "Thank you!":smile:

hazard01-1a388.jpg

Were you able to make the Asteroid work with the steering column controls or the display? I looked at getting one of these for my sister's MINI, but we settled on an MKi9200 instead.

Last edited:
Because i bought this http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae350/simoxmino/Bis Clio rs italia forum/foto3-3.jpg and i don't know if the spacer screws are ok ...

Oh!! you bought a Renault Sport Steering !! I want this one too. Very good!!
Where did you buy it and how much ?

This steering wheel can be installed with Momo/Sparco/Oreca-steering adapter (I think its including screws for it) for clio197/200.

You can get the adapter at K-Tec Racing and other similar shops.
If you need extention boss, buy one for Momo.

Good luck !!

if you can, can you take for me some photo "how to remove" the std steering?

also of the internal so i can know how are the joints :wink:

ah ok, the screws are included into the steering adapter?

i bought it from renault 7711160037 Around 170€

I think so.
You also have to buy two resisters to disable airbags (twin air bags inside the std steering).

You can see photos of removing std steering at this post.
http://www.clio197.net/forum/showpost.php?p=164687&postcount=95
I removed a horn switch in this #95 post, but you dont need to remove it.

You can see photos of joints here my Japanese website.
http://blog.e-nagao.com/article/44838004.html