Clio RS 20th mod in Japan

This is a great thread read. Some real out of the box thinking when it comes to mods. Love it.

Thank you for your comments.

We are suffering very very awesome hot summer here in Japan, so I am taking a rest now :001_rolleyes:
I will change the parking brake lever to the leather one,
and get cup chassis on my clio soon.
:bounce1:

You are from Gibraltar!! I really want to go there once.
I didnt know only 500 of 20th RS were made. My serial number is 148.

I did it on my PC. I dont think I recommend this. Gordini style is the best.
2011073102_2.jpg

half way is better.
2011073102_3.jpg

Hello again Massa :smile: sorry I've taken this long to reply, haven't logged on for a while. I agree they don't look that good all the way down. Gibraltar is nice but small, I would show you my 20th but it would be boring and plain after seeing yours lol.

Custom leather parking brake

Custom leather parking brake

Break down the assy
PKB.jpg

Put the leather and stiches on it and re-assemble
2011092410.jpg

Wow great addition Masa! How did you manage to remove the handbrake lever like that, do you have to get at it from under the car or can you remove the plastic trim from between the seats (if so, how? is it clipped in?) :smile:

Hi SarGara,

Its easy to get the handbrake assy off from the floor.
Remove the centre console and three bolts that fasten the assy to the floor.
Be carefull you must stop the car by lifting or other method not to move without the handbrake.
The custom shop proffesional removed the plastic part from the assy.
I think it is only clipped in, so you dont have to get the assy off to remove the plastic part.

The plastic part is clipped by 5 points.
Pull the brake strongly but slowly moving the grip upwards and downwards.

PKB2.jpg

Thats the first time ive seen the interior shot of a 20th like that. I didnt realise they had a plaque (spelling?) on the centre plastic like that stating its a 20th edition :smile:

Looking good as always! Are you happy with the interior now or are there more future plans?

Thats the first time ive seen the interior shot of a 20th like that. I didnt realise they had a plaque (spelling?) on the centre plastic like that stating its a 20th edition :smile:

Looking good as always! Are you happy with the interior now or are there more future plans?

Thank you SarGara!!
My 20th plate number is 148.

Only the steering is left under construction:cloud9:

Did that include the Cup's steering rack or was that just the suspension components Masa? Aparently the Cups steering rack is better/quicker than the normal sports.

Red callipers and Brembo decals next? :smiley:

No, the steering rack is very very expensive that costs 800,000yen here!!!
I've changed only springs and dampers.
Callipers are the same, only color is differnt, so it remains silver.

£6,000 for a steering rack! :jumpon:

Do you know the part numbers, have you tried asking one of the Renault Part people on here to price you one up for comparison? Try asking *TwingoGeekeo* for example who works for Renault.

Thank you. 800,000yen is all including parts prices,labour and computer setting.
I dont feel there is much difference between sport rack and cup one,
because my steering wheel is very small diameter 320mm ,so its very quick.

I changed to the 200 Cup rack, the parts are quite cheap, around £450 inc. steering arms, etc. though I got a used one. The difference isn't especially significant.