Clio Renaultsport 200 Gordini 013 from Finland. - Sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah if he puts white speedlines on and lowers it then it'll look sweet and will still be 'Gordiny'.
The standard Gordini wheels are probably the crapest wheels on a production car ever produced and they need to re replaced/re-coloured! They are absolutley-****ing-ghastly!!!!

Anyway that's my stance on it :bat:

i would keep it Gordiny mate..whats the point of buying a Gordiny and then turn it into an ordinary 200 (no offence)..its a special edition and it should stay that way..or just get a 197 or 200...
its like buying a Raider and spraying it blue..

have fun with it :clap:

I couldn't agree more.

Last edited:
nah if he puts white speedlines on and lowers it then it'll look sweet and will still be 'Gordiny'.
The standard Gordini wheels are probably the crapest wheels on a production car ever produced and they need to re replaced/re-coloured! They are absolutley-****ing-ghastly!!!!

Anyway that's my stance on it :bat:

For me they're among the best wheels on any production car!

What's the deal with the Gordini wheels, is it blue paint or anodised ? On my black lux the wheels are similar except black with like a diamond cut down to the alloy itself. They pitted really badly so had to have them re sprayed dark metallic silver. Renault told me that style (is there a name for them) all suffer from pitting.

i would keep it Gordiny mate..whats the point of buying a Gordiny and then turn it into an ordinary 200 (no offence)..its a special edition and it should stay that way..or just get a 197 or 200...
its like buying a Raider and spraying it blue..

have fun with it :clap:

Why i did not buy normal 200 version in first place? Because there was not any good example for sale. You have to remember we have only 2 clio 200 cars in my country. Both were for sale, but that red condition was not good enough for me.
I am considering another set of alloys. Maybe black speedlines or oem 200 cup antrachite alloys.

What i found out that brand new antrachite cup alloys from Renault including centre caps cost 1200€ new here. (800£).. Tempting.

Last edited:
Yesterday i did de-ironing with Bilt-Hamber Korrosol. There was quite a lot iron particles in the rear part of the car and both sides.
There was so much iron contamination i will do that again after i get more Korrosol.

Some small things done again

I washed interior with Kärcher dry/wet machine.

big.jpg

big.jpg

First i washed it with kärcher powder, then switched into clear water. This kind of water came out in second phase. And what was most interesting, car interior was like new. Dark fabric really can hide dirt.

big.jpg

Took my polishing gear and i dit some test panels. Clio lacquer is quite hard, but DAS21E + microfiber pad + Wolfs WP-5G compound does the job. One step is enough.
I will polish complete car later and apply Collinite 915 wax.

big.jpg

big.jpg

big.jpg

Very nice, you've done a great job there :thumbup1:

Thanks ! I will upload pictures about finished car later. We do have such a bad lights in my garage it will be maybe 2016 spring when we have sunshine again..
Next project after polishing is front and rear brake service. I am waiting parts from Germany (genuine brembo), but we do have post service strike here and all parcels will be delayed 3-4 weeks.. :s

Last edited:
I dont recommend polishing in poor light, be very careful, its best to take paint reading first and then decide on compounds/ pads etc. you should look at getting a ceramic coating whixh would be good if you dont use the car so much and even if you do, at least you know its got extra protection.

I dont recommend polishing in poor light, be very careful, its best to take paint reading first and then decide on compounds/ pads etc. you should look at getting a ceramic coating whixh would be good if you dont use the car so much and even if you do, at least you know its got extra protection.

Hi
We have enough lights for polishing, but not for taking good pictures.. I will apply collinite 915 carnauba wax. It gives deep shine and lasts 2-3months which is not problem because i like to wax my cars 2-3 times / driving season.

Some bad quality pictures from my garage. Clio will be there whole winterseason at least april or may depends when snow is gone.
I assembled brakes and put engine undertray back. It was surprise how well undertray has been designed.

big.jpg

big.jpg

big.jpg

big.jpg

Last edited:
Seems a shame to keep it hidden away over winter! Car does look factory fresh, if not better haha!

What do you drive over the winter months?

Status
Not open for further replies.