Clio Meg RS320bhp conversion (update Meg Rad)

Another great ebay find last night, PACE Turbo Rad £250 new, paid £35 posted. I'll stick it in garage until I can convince SteC to fit it...lol

New spare Comps now repaired and just need to be stripped ready for paint. Just need to decide what colour...I'm thinking pearl white?

Bronze! Or maybe silver...

I don't think white will work with LY, and TBH I'm never a fan of 'pearl' anything, especially not wheels. :smile:

Bronze! Or maybe silver...

I don't think white will work with LY, and TBH I'm never a fan of 'pearl' anything, especially not wheels. :smile:

Silvers a good shout. They are only for winter or track day spares so could be any colour within reason tbh

Another great ebay find last night, PACE Turbo Rad £250 new, paid £35 posted. I'll stick it in garage until I can convince SteC to fit it...lol

New spare Comps now repaired and just need to be stripped ready for paint. Just need to decide what colour...I'm thinking pearl white?

Who gave u thay idea then :tongueout:

White on LY looks awesome.

Not remember Ricky200's 200?

Good shout, though that was a flat white and the car had other white accents to it. Pearl white Comp Mo's wont have the same affect on Litchys car IMO, they might just look a bit out of place. Still think Silver or preferably Bronze for me.

Rickys car did look nice though I'll give you that. :smile:

White (ish)

LitchysWheelsWhite_zps019ff459.jpg

Bronze:
LitchysWheelsBronze_zpsdc9bec15.jpg

Silver
LitchysWheelscopy_zpsfc9cd5c1.jpg

...I knew I kept that photoshop file of your car for a reason Litchy haha!

Last edited:
Not the best quality, but I've been butchering this same file for a while now so it'll have to do haha. If I'd known at the beginning I would keep making new colours for litchys imagination I'd have done a neater job to start with :smiley:

LitchysWheelsgoldlighter_zpscae50f90.jpg
LitchysWheelsgolddark_zps5664b048.jpg

No problem fella. Now that I've seen it, the white is starting to grow on me. The Bronze would be pure win though IMO.

Post #690 has the other pics Si, look up!

ha ha! stupid page updates!!!

well i would be stuck on which colour going by those 3 :001_huh:

On paper I didn't think the white would go very well with the LY. But in the photo shop I think it would go well, I think with the pearl and the LY it will blend well!
But I have a soft spot for the bronze wheels, but don't think they look the best on LY!

Turbo cooler arrived today. Been doing some research on the issue of fitting FMIC which in essence blocks airflow to rad and found this....From JW racing

"We actually found the problem was with water temps not oil

The Megane RS250 has a real problem with water temperatures rising fast when the car comes on boost , even on an unmodified car on the road , on the track the situation gets worse (TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!!!)

When some companies make new intercoolers to try and improve performance they make the water temperature problem even worse so when we developed our intercooler with Pro Alloy we fitted a small cooling radiator after the turbocharger , this cools the water before it is circulated back into the cooling system and helps keep the temperatures lower...We have since re mapped our test car and we have no problems with it at all"

Lets hope it works on mine....Fingers crossed!!!!

Mr F, this issue seems to be more applicable to the 250 engine so you should be ok!!!!!

Last edited: