Clio Meg RS320bhp conversion (update Meg Rad)

I filmed this but i dont know exactly where was the noise..
I think around the caliper

Booo

[YOUTUBE]D_Ca8eCmSSI[/YOUTUBE]

Is there no way to just put a dab of grease on the rivet/button/bolts that mount the rotor to the bell? Sounds like they make noise partly because they move (as they're supposed to) but maybe stick a bit too....
I'm not saying lather it on so it splatters everywhere but just a tiny dab of anti-seize or grease is what I'd try.

Looking through google I found a quote from someone with the same issue:

Originally Posted by spiritof'76;

Would be good to sort this out as my car sounds like a skeleton having a wank in a biscuit tin

:smiley:

Last edited:
Sold them easily....If it was track focused they would have stayed cause they are superb but daily, no chance. Will revisit the disc upgrade another day....

With masive thanks to Litchy I can confirm that this car is epic..

With doing my own meg conversion the worry in the back of my mind was that I'd miss the rev hungry engine of the 200. That worry has now gone, the driving style is totally different but in a great way, the power delivery is truly incredible, effortless and highly addictive.

The beauty of this car is that you can plant your foot down in 6th at 70 (private road) and still gain a rate of acceleration that suprises. In the N/A Clio you'd have to change down 2 gears and you still wouldn't gain the pace of the Meg engine.

When launching through the gears traction was fantastic with no torque steer and no wheelspin to complain about even though we were on a damp road, oops sorry track. The acceleration comes on with such force its all to easy to change gear earlier than necessary and very easy to reach licence losing speeds without noticing.

The balance of the car its unaffected too, the front end is still just as planted and doesn't feel any heavier under breaking or steering. As mentioned driving style is different as you apply the power slightly differently upon cornering but you can still power hard through a tight corner and not get washed out, the diff obviously helps but its immense fun.

The handling of this car is also on another level. The Clubsports are an incredible coilover and I have to disagree some opinions on the forum that they are too track focused for the road. On the settings that Litchy has they are firm enough to keep the car flat in hard cornering but not hard that its uncomfortable, in fact they were very comfortable and provided excellent feedback.

Overall I'm uber impressed with this car, the quality of build is second to none and with the engine, short throw gearbox, suspension and the all little extras litchy has added this car is one awesome weapon.

I salute you Litchy and am still buzzing now, can't wait to get mine back now. :thumbsup:

Thanks Mr f, your too kind. I have to credit SteC for his incredible workmanship. He has a interest in getting things right and development which is beyond £, and this equates to having a car that's right, but also that's always improving. Still some gremlins, (like how long the car takes to relearn anything once the batteries been off) but that's more Renault than Ste I guess.

I know I've intimated a few times about selling up (gets boring after a while), but its not easy to walk away from. Especially when there's so much still available to do. I'm looking for another 20bhp, and taking torque to around 360lbft.

I should say, its was an absolute scream yesterday, and must admit, I'm now quite looking forward to 'how fast'.....

Last edited:
I should say, its was an absolute scream yesterday, and must admit, I'm now quite looking forward to 'how fast'.....

yeeeaaahhhhhhh, was a good giggle yesterday, havent laughed that much in ages.

and like i said at the weekend. hats off to you, and to SteC!!

PS:- R.S in liquid yellow!!!1

Thanks Mr f, your too kind. I have to credit SteC for his incredible workmanship. He has a interest in getting things right and development which is beyond £, and this equates to having a car that's right, but also that's always improving. Still some gremlins, (like how long the car takes to relearn anything once the batteries been off) but that's more Renault than Ste I guess.

I know I've intimated a few times about selling up (gets boring after a while), but its not easy to walk away from. Especially when there's so much still available to do. I'm looking for another 20bhp, and taking torque to around 360lbft.

yeeeaaahhhhhhh, was a good giggle yesterday, havent laughed that much in ages.

and like i said at the weekend. hats off to you, and to SteC!!

PS:- R.S in liquid yellow!!!1

Couldn't agree more, we didn't get home till 5am but it was a great day with lots of laughs.

Ste's kettle definitely needs a remap and what can I say about the Datsun that turned up apart from "bodget bindi" haha

I hope I dont jink it but just won some 18x8 Comp Mo's off fleebay. Really, really happy with the price although they need some repairs and painting. Either way chuffed cause always wanted a spare set.

The plan is these are going to be painted white, and will be either winter wheels and tyres or if I get the bug, they'll be track day wheels with R888's.

Lets hope they arrive......

Last edited:
I hope I dont jink it but just won some 18x8 Comp Mo's off fleebay. Really, really happy with the price although they needs some repairs and painting. Either way chuffed cause always wanted a spare set.

The plan is these are going to be painted white, and will be either winter wheels and tyres or if I get the bug, they'll be track day wheels with R888's.

Lets hope they arrive......

wtf?????? u need shooting man, where do u find these things lol