Clio 200 - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be interested to see how you get on with the OMP frames, as I say for me they were dreadful as not only way too low, they didn't take into account the offset of the wheel so you were literally reaching diagonally for the wheel.
The Spaco/Oreca's much better, I have a drivers side one but it didn't suit my Recaro bolt spacing - I either need to make some adapters up, or go back to Recaro adapters which is what I started with - but they were too high! Clio 3 is such a pain in the ass to modify!

Btw you doing full TA season? Any idea who/what else is in the Clubman N/A class?

All gone in fine lol, no issues!

just some OHW , can't afford full season this year. Not
sure what's in my group yet, sure find out nearer the time

which holes did you use then? Mine being Recaro needed the outside holes on each side - which as they sit vertically above the floor mount holes you are located a good couple of inches off centre. a few of the italian clio owners also had this problem with the omp subframes so not just me.

Ive used thr original holes on one side and drilled the others to suit where wanted the seat locating. I am ever so slight of centre but nothing that going corse any issue, Im better in this than i am in the recaro as they sit at angle too.

Ive used a different seat and side mounts so may have better adjust with these over what you used.

11008605_1106841649341940_7455389938655846490_n.jpg

Had drill tunnel and plate it for holding the lap strap in place

11040937_1106860852673353_5481935241277626122_n.jpg

11102851_1106864539339651_7401329273446489488_n.jpg

11050853_1106864622672976_8276865689255746106_n.jpg

11141155_1106864859339619_3978971247063018258_n.jpg

Also got rear fitting in back bumper for mounting the cool down light / bracket!
10338270_1106904616002310_68488259278546435_n.jpg

I know he'll see this so massive thanks to @PAUL JA for doing this with me today!!! :kiss:

All been well, disc's will turn up tuesday with some brake pads so get them fitted. Then car been dropped back off at bro sport next week to do the ball joints and finish off setting the car up :smiley: Then its onto RS TUNING.............

Last edited:
Mine was terrible but pretty sure mine go flush with the edge on door side vs yours that look to have a few cm's from the door side edge.
Light looks good but you do know you don't need them for clubman class.

I do know...

If doing 1 x OHW as a "taster" , u
don't need it but if doing afew events then you do basically. Have remember that people are racing for champion points and end day you could course a issue that could cost someone a second that could prove vital end of season on points. If was me if be pissed off with that person, how id see it !

amount of money it costs do
TA or mount money spent on the car ... What's 150
quid

Last edited:
Very interesting read mate, any idea what sort of weight saving you made with the bucket seat? I know the recaros weigh around 35kg which is very heavy.

Cheers buddy :smile:

Not not sure how much I've saved but the weight of them recaro's is shocking!! I really surprised me how heavy they actually where! I wanted to weigh them both but the scales have been binned :worried:

Think one one thing I will do at some point is maybe remove the other as that will be a fair weight saving with both out.

* just looked on website, the seat weights 7.4kg

Last edited:
Project 3 - 200 FF Cup

Cheers buddy :smile:

Not not sure how much I've saved but the weight of them recaro's is shocking!! I really surprised me how heavy they actually where! I wanted to weigh them both but the scales have been binned :worried:

Think one one thing I will do at some point is maybe remove the other as that will be a fair weight saving with both out.

* just looked on website, the seat weights 7.4kg

Wow 7.4 kg is light, so I imagine combined with your subframes/side mounts they weigh around 11kg so that's a approximately a 24kg saving. Not bad, if you do both sides thats a massive saving. I'm quite interested in the corbeau pro series or revolution seats atm.

Have you thought about removing the driver seat belt(now you have a harness) the rear seat belts and the isofix bar to save a few extra kg.

Is the isofux bar quite heavy? Have u removed ures?

i was looking at Corbeau ones , my mates got them in his mini but only thing I don't like was the ribbed back. Think might beable to feel it on back quite bad

Last edited:
Project 3 - 200 FF Cup

It's not ridiculously heavy but its still unnecessary weight. Mine doesn't have one as standard because I have the lightweight cup model without any creature comforts.

Yeah I'm gonna go to GSM Motorsport and test a few out before I buy.

So what the seating position like, Is it low? Like rich said I'd be worried about not being able to see over the dashboard.

Also thought about a cage? even though it seems a shame to add weight after saving lots. Haha

Is it possible to remove the isofix bar without the removal of the rear seats (to be more precise - I would like to remove the Isofix but leave the rear seats)?

Last edited:
Is it possible to remove the isofix bar without the removal of the rear seats?

Yes mate, the non full fat models don't come with them as standard anyway.

Get rid unless you need it for a baby seat or boot net ect. Just keep the aerial on the back of as that will be for the keyless entry on your model.

Yes mate, the non full fat models don't come with them as standard anyway.

Get rid unless you need it for a baby seat or boot net ect. Just keep the aerial on the back of as that will be for the keyless entry on your model.

Great.

TNX for the info, will see if I can remove it today.

And of course, I'll leave the antenna on the back somewhere.

How much weight does the isofix bat have?

cheers

Last edited:
It's not ridiculously heavy but its still unnecessary weight. Mine doesn't have one as standard because I have the lightweight cup model without any creature comforts.

Yeah I'm gonna go to GSM Motorsport and test a few out before I buy.

So what the seating position like, Is it low? Like rich said I'd be worried about not being able to see over the dashboard.

Also thought about a cage? even though it seems a shame to add weight after saving lots. Haha

Yeh defo worth going try them! I spent hours in Tweeks sitting in all
the seats. Go in with open mind as one that like the look of or want might not feel comfortable or suit you.

i am sat low but not mega low. I can still see over the dash. If run the subframe , always have option of using steel box section to pack the side mounts up if feel
you need it. Think I've dropped 5-6 down compared to recaro set low

Yeh defo worth going try them! I spent hours in Tweeks sitting in all
the seats. Go in with open mind as one that like the look of or want might not feel comfortable or suit you.

i am sat low but not mega low. I can still see over the dash. If run the subframe , always have option of using steel box section to pack the side mounts up if feel
you need it. Think I've dropped 5-6 down compared to recaro set low

Yeah may take a trip to tweeks too. I agree with you, although I have sat in the corbeaus and I do like them.

50mm-60mm sounds like a perfect drop. I guess you could use a slider as a spacer too?

Yes can always run a slider to gain height. Probz again another 1 1/2
You can get just side mounts which are designed for the Clio but think be way too low then

Last edited:
Great.

TNX for the info, will see if I can remove it today.

And of course, I'll leave the antenna on the back somewhere.

How much weight does the isofix bat have?

cheers

Let us know on your progress thread how you get on mate. I don't know he weight but I'd be interested to know. [emoji4]

Will do.

I've started removing some weight from the car.
Everything has been weighted, photographed and even have an Excell file. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.