Clio 197 SHES GONE WITH A BANG!! NOW SHES GETTING F4R774'd

yeah i want it to be safe without going bang.

you think my spec will be ok with mapping to suit?

im getting a univeral forge front mount cooler.

will i love it?? lol

you have more or less what i have, and tbh i wouldnt go stage two. but that is just me.

speak to paul with that one i have fitted, but anything for the megane wont fit full stop.

my engine conversion is on par with my diff for the best mods that ive done

whats the diff between a stage 1 and stage 2 map?

there isnt any pics, thats just for info! you need to become a paid memeber to look at the post rs tuning made of my car and to see details of FMP and shakey's

the diferent in the maps is like all maps, one is abit more extreme than the other lol

Any conclusion on what caused the engine failure? I'd imagine the con rod bolts gave up? It's been known to happen on these engines...

you have more or less what i have, and tbh i wouldnt go stage two. but that is just me.

speak to paul with that one i have fitted, but anything for the megane wont fit full stop.

my engine conversion is on par with my diff for the best mods that ive done

it should feel quite a different machine lol

you get plenty of wastegate chatter?

im getting a 3" de-cat downpipe too.

its going in on the 6th.

take about 2 weeks.

there isnt any pics, thats just for info! you need to become a paid memeber to look at the post rs tuning made of my car and to see details of FMP and shakey's

the diferent in the maps is like all maps, one is abit more extreme than the other lol

ive seen shakeys on youtube.

thats just a clio box and bottom end isnt it?

but thats like 275bhp ish isnt it?

ive seen shakeys on youtube.

thats just a clio box and bottom end isnt it?

but thats like 275bhp ish isnt it?

clio gear box and full megane engine, like i said earlier, the megane box can fit on the clio engine and vice versa. 275bhp and i think 320ft/lbs on a stage two map with no internal mods, i have a 3inch down pipe two and with the diff is wont drive that much different from now, with out the diff and it drives totally different

clio gear box and full megane engine, like i said earlier, the megane box can fit on the clio engine and vice versa. 275bhp and i think 320ft/lbs on a stage two map with no internal mods, i have a 3inch down pipe two and with the diff is wont drive that much different from now, with out the diff and it drives totally different

yeah my diffs going in with the engine.

whats the advantage if ANY of using clio box?

yours full decat?

flames??

Nope but they'll out accelerate a similarly powered car cause of the ratios.

FMP is seeking a Meg box now though.

yeah my diffs going in with the engine.

whats the advantage if ANY of using clio box?

yours full decat?

flames??

exactly what noodie said about the 200 box. but the 200 box isnt built for the use they are using it for, only time until they let go!
if you have the r26 box then that comes with a diff, so your on to a winner there.

yeah mines full decated and no flames. but this could be down to two things, my car is in standard form at the mo, or i dont drive it hard enough. anyone that knows me knows it will be the first one out of the two lol

If you want it to be safe and whilst your building everything up id go for the hybrid turbo. It makes more power at a lower bar.

My cars got the hybrid turbo and currently the injectors are holding it back.

As for flames I've got a de-cat Milltek system and it flames once its warm :evil:

Last edited:
B16OJB - u wont be getting 300 on your set up :tongueout:, think mark is running 280, and must be in the region of 320ft/lbs, sure he will correct them tho :tongueout:

anyone on here gone bang?

im just uploading the photo.

looking through the hole i think i can see crank shaft, but i havent split the block yet.

been a few 197/200 engines fail.....

few on ruk forum done under warranty

big end bearings fail cause engines to usually sieze or knock - more a big fail ie con rod bolts/or cap?

what cylinder was it on? no2 by any chance...

and good luck with the conversion!!

Last edited:
been a few 197/200 engines fail.....

few on ruk forum done under warranty

big end bearings fail cause engines to usually sieze or knock - more a big fail ie con rod bolts/or cap?

what cylinder was it on? no2 by any chance...

and good luck with the conversion!!

cylinder No 3 IIRC.

not split the engine yet ive just ragged it out.

Mine went bang a while ago, I posted a few pics up the strafe thing was I was only cruising on the motorway at time. **** my self when it happened the con rod went on mine, all repaired under warranty