Clio 197 SHES GONE WITH A BANG!! NOW SHES GETTING F4R774'd

big end bearing failure on my engine caused a big dirty hole in the front of my engine block.

so, i have been wanting to turbo her for a while and have been sorting an engine out for this!

R26 engine
R26 gearbox with LSD diff.
3" de-cat down pipe.
open air filter.
forge front mount intercooler
supersprint race exhasut system
mapping to suit by RSTuning.

should be nearly 300bhp so should be "nippy" :innocent:

All should be up and running by mid to late July!!

My clio had been mapped, decatted, open air filter and ported TB.

It had done 42,000 miles and well serviced before the 12,000 or 1 year mark everytime.

i drive her hard but still with respect to the engine!

my mate "specky" the fitter at RSTuning has never known a 197 to do this!!??

Just my luck eh, she (the clio) knew i was planning on ripping her heart out and putting something else in lol.

keep you all posted guys!!!

Last edited:
Good to hear (That its getting F4RT'd) but bad that the engine blew itself to bits.

I assume RSTuning will be doing the conversion?

Good to hear (That its getting F4RT'd) but bad that the engine blew itself to bits.

I assume RSTuning will be doing the conversion?

yeah, i could do all the mechanical stuff myself but they have done one before so f im doing it im doing it right.

new water pump
clutch,
timing belt
blah blah blah

EXCITED!!!

anyone on here gone bang?

im just uploading the photo.

looking through the hole i think i can see crank shaft, but i havent split the block yet.

I want to do this conversion so bad. A few years down the line yet though.

The one RSTuning will have done is Jonesy's?

I want to do this conversion so bad. A few years down the line yet though.

The one RSTuning will have done is Jonesy's?

er dunno, on youtube his user name is paul dark.

some people have put the clio bottom end on the meggy head..

this way is poo cos u have to ue the clio box then.

er dunno, on youtube his user name is paul dark.

some people have put the clio bottom end on the meggy head..

this way is poo cos u have to ue the clio box then.

I'll be ditching the Clio g'box as soon as I can tbh.

I don't want to sound like an arsehole, but clearly haven't done your home worm! The Megan's gear but will fit on the clio engine and vice versa, and with what you have said above, unlless u go bigger injections or hybrid turbo and stronger rob bolts u won't be hitting 300bhp, people have had theirs stage two mapped and it's gone pop

I don't want to sound like an arsehole, but clearly haven't done your home worm! The Megan's gear but will fit on the clio engine and vice versa, and with what you have said above, unlless u go bigger injections or hybrid turbo and stronger rob bolts u won't be hitting 300bhp, people have had theirs stage two mapped and it's gone pop

be 280bhp i bet!

standard internals can go to 300bhp before you need better internals and thats coming from paul at RSTuning.

whats yours running then big boy?

what mods you done to it?

if its 230bhp like your signatures says everything must be standard??

Last edited:
whats yours runnign then big boy?

what mods you done to it?

if its 230bhp like your signatures says everything must be standard??

i really didnt wanna sound like an arsesole, and not saying anything bad on what your about to do!

everything on mine is standard. Speak to Paul at RS tuning as he done it :smile:
The torge figure is whats making the stage two mapped cars go pop, and thats either down to the rods or the rod bolts
having said that, only a hand full hand gone, but still, something you should think about

ive never ever seen a megane 300bhp or over on standard stuff, injectors pistons, rods etc...... im on megane sport.net. Sign up and you will get plenty of info.

if your going r26 gear box too you will need megane driveshafts

Last edited:
i really didnt wanna sound like an arsesole, and not saying anything bad on what your about to do!

everything on mine is standard. Speak to Paul at RS tuning as he done it :smile:
The torge figure is whats making the stage two mapped cars go pop, and that either down to the rods or the rod bolts

ive never ever seen a megane 300bhp or over on standard stuff, injectors pistons, rods etc...... im on megane sport.net. Sign up and you will get plenty of info

i hardly come here on TBH.

Just thought id tell peeps about what i'm doing and keep them up-dated.

yours not even mapped?

you got a front mount intercooler?

what exhaust?

so, with the spec im running at you think the engine is in danger???

and got megane shafts mate!! thanks

i hardly come here on TBH.

Just thought id tell peeps about what i'm doing and keep them up-dated.

yours not even mapped?

you got a front mount intercooler?

what exhaust?

so, with the spec im running at you think the engine is in danger???

and got megane shafts mate!! thanks

look here dude http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23918

no, mind is standard, all i have is an open cone air filter and im running 230bhp and 260ft/lbs, and yeah i got a fmc ( front mounted intercooler ) but the intercoolers out for the meganes are too big for our car, so you can either go for a pace cooler, or the FMc they use on the 182 turbo conversion, which is what i have.
Piper used my car as their demo car to make the exhausts on, so thats what i got on mine.

IF your going stage two mapped, i would air on the side of cation

look here dude http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23918

no, mind is standard, all i have is an open cone air filter and im running 230bhp and 260ft/lbs, and yeah i got a fmc ( front mounted intercooler ) but the intercoolers out for the meganes are too big for our car, so you can either go for a pace cooler, or the FMc they use on the 182 turbo conversion, which is what i have.
Piper used my car as their demo car to make the exhausts on, so thats what i got on mine.

IF your going stage two mapped, i would air on the side of cation

yeah i want it to be safe without going bang.

you think my spec will be ok with mapping to suit?

im getting a univeral forge front mount cooler.

will i love it?? lol