Clio 172 track shed project

Me and Ali got the new coilovers on this afternoon, Was a bit of a pain gettin some of the 10yr old bolts off

The leaking old back shock

DSC02194.jpg

New shock and spring fitted

DSC02195.jpg

Tired looking front suspension

DSC02196.jpg

All new off roader stance, Obviously needs adjusting yet, but the main aim was to get it fitted and then fine tune the ideal ride height.

DSC02198.jpg

Lol, somone on another forum told me the back spring was the "wrong way round"?? I'm guessing he meant the adjuster?

Well the cut price kut from KTEC had no destructions?! Is the adjuster is meant to go at the bottom? All the ABS lines etc seemed to be in the way that way round??? Can always swap it but would have thought it makes no odds?

Looking good kev, you arent hanging around with it mate! :thumbup:

I dont have coilovers myself but all pictures I have seen have the adjuster at the top. I would have though its easier to access when it is there!

Adjuster goes to the top and the spring will only fit one way.
They are in correct kev.

On the rear the closer to the under body you have the adjuster the lower it will be.
But the front is opposite, the further away from the body the lower the car will be.

Ali has been busy again while I am suffering with man flu!!

Finished off lightening and tidying the loom and then fitted the dash so pics of that

DSC02200.jpg
DSC02201.jpg
DSC02202.jpg
DSC02203.jpg

And the amount of wiring removed

DSC02205.jpg
Then tidyed the inside,mine and ashs turn bext at the sound deadning because its a bugger to clean.

DSC02207.jpg
DSC02208.jpg

And front bumper fitted Just need a grill and some headlights now

DSC02206.jpg

a test fit!

DSC02209.jpg

Last edited:
coming together great :thumbup1:

you will have to tie it down to stop it floating away :wink:

Sorry for the dely ppl,

Well ash spent all saturday puttin my 197 back together, and I put all my heart and soul into removing the sound deadning tar stuff, so Ali started stripping and pinning the boot, Then we made a start on fitting the matched inlets, Also fitted new pads, and ajusted the coilovers to improve the stance.

Next job is measure up for cage making/fitting,
Finish off inlets (had to get some new gaskets),
Fit braided brake lines,
Airocatches for the bonnet,
Move battery and ecu

Then wait for parcels to arrive with headlights, grill and seat rails.

Pics

DSC02213.jpg

DSC02214.jpg

DSC02217.jpg

DSC02219.jpg

DSC02216.jpg

DSC02222.jpg

Top inlet removed

DSC02221.jpg

Dash pretty much finished

DSC02218.jpg

Better stance

DSC02223.jpg

Group picture

DSC02220.jpg

Last edited:
Think there is a pic you duplicated mate... :oops:

Its looking really good with all of the sound deadening out. Have you got around to weighing everything removed or is that a weekend job?

I like the passenger seat solution though! :thumbup:

Think there is a pic you duplicated mate... :oops:

Its looking really good with all of the sound deadening out. Have you got around to weighing everything removed or is that a weekend job?

I like the passenger seat solution though! :thumbup:

Dammit, cant see em in work so just copied from CS :worried:

Passenger seat is very expensive I'll have you know :wink: