Clio 172 track shed project

As some of you know I am getting rid of the 197 that was meant to be my track toy, a crippling finance payment, ****e fuel economy and other issues have meant it has to go.

Got a couple of good petrol head mates who fancied a track toy so we set about looking. We knew we wanted a ph1 172 as its a quick little car that, with some minor tweaks, can be quite capable on track.

After some searching we discovered this sorry looking example....

BqDWcNgBGkKGrHqIH-EIEuYPO7U19BLuIsP.jpg

BqDUbBmkKGrHqMH-C8EuZKlzpQwBLuIv8yo.jpg

BqDVvNg2kKGrHqYH-CYEuZ0OMcRBLuIpCfm.jpg

BqDYh6QB2kKGrHqYH-D4EuUf0ErBLuI1WM-.jpg

Looking past the battle scars it seemed ideal for what we wanted. Damag is only cosmetic and for track use all we really need is a bumper. Bonnet will be pinned (as its the rare ally one) and we have plans for the passenger side light.

All this for the tidy sum of £520

Car arrives tomorrow and striping starts Thursday.

Ta mate, sorted the bumper, may bother with a grille but prob not TBH. Bonnet and boot pins ordered so they'll be on this week, get rid of all the catches on both to save the weight!

Good luck will be following closley

ps have u sorted a date for tdf yet mate ?

can't wait for this mate should be fun, i'll be watching with interest me and a pal are thinking of doing something similar was going to do a classic mini but it started to sound expensive the more we talked about it.

Pads seem ok tbh , v serious pads though better make sure ur 172 can get enough heat in them lol

Ps r u doing this proper like ripping out the whole dash ? Come on pplllzzz

Also get booked on either oulton or silverstone rs days test it yeh ??

can't wait for this mate should be fun, i'll be watching with interest me and a pal are thinking of doing something similar was going to do a classic mini but it started to sound expensive the more we talked about it.

We have got a winner here, just seen the old girl. Rcpts for hundreds just recently, new bearings, new rad, grooved front discs etc, two new back tyres (not what I need but will sell), cant wait to get cracking tomorrow!

Pads seem ok tbh , v serious pads though better make sure ur 172 can get enough heat in them lol

They are, but then I'm serious on track, I dont mince about!

I did not think you have done many track days ?? How many have you done ?

I take it ur doing an rs event then so u can chase me or well try to !

I did not think you have done many track days ?? How many have you done ?

I take it ur doing an rs event then so u can chase me or well try to !

Only a couple, still blitzed a good few of the regulars at Oulton!

I go out to have fun, not chase ppl, thats not what track days are about :wink:

U must be some kind of driving ace then to take regulars at oulton on your second track day

All hail the stig aka Kevo ;-)

Well soon see what's going down at oulton then yeh get booked up buh.