Clicky Steering

Over the last few weeks Ive had an occasional click in the steering :confused1:
Seems worse when the outside temperture is low, Only happens now on then and is only a small click. Anyone else had this?
I had it looked at by someone in the know and they said there is a small amount of play in the steering rack... :thumbdown: But is even wear and not really enough to worry about yet.
Although its not too bad it does annoy me and I like everything perfect!
Anyone know the approx cost of a replacement rack? Is it worth me replacing it? :confused1:

if the "play/wear" is in the inner track rod ball joint you can get this part seperately - for about £30 - and just have that replaced far cheaper than a new rack which will probably be £250+

the click noise could be coming from the power steering drive motor on the steering column

one part worth checking - makes sure the pinch bolts are tight on the steering column joints

My steering column makes a slight creaking when cold, soon goes though.

Could it be something similar?

It could be the airbag ring, when i replaced the steering wheel and disturbed it i had a nightmare trying to set it right again.

It's held under tension by two small springs from the back of the steering wheel and if these become misaligned the airbag ring catches on the plastic innards when its getting rotated, resulting in occassional clicking.