Center Box Replacement with straight pipe - Birmingham Area - **Vid!!!**

yep i had banged on about this mod which i had on my 197 for over 3 years lol

sadly i dont have the 197 anymore

i am a modified c2 vts owner lol

You should be on commission, I just booked mine in for saturday and the guy I spoke to said someone else had been on before me asking about it too.

I'm going to give them a ring aswell! Don't fancy kford tyres arran, you ever heard anyone have any exhaust work there before?

I'm going to give them a ring aswell! Don't fancy kford tyres arran, you ever heard anyone have any exhaust work there before?
luke my mate andy owns k/ford tyres they r sound they do loads of exhausts give them a bell

Haha. Excellent. I think I'll call them back and work something out. :wink:

You def should mate. Mines booked in for tomorrow afternoon! Sounds like £40 well spent after watching the vids until I can afford to fork out £450 for a Ktec system!

Has it made any noticeable difference to the flat spot??

Haha. Excellent.

Thats exactly my thoughts too, its a quick mod to improve the sound until i can afford either a custom system, or a ktec/milltek or something else.

I had a quote from pro speed in Cardiff for a custom system of £475 designed and fitted which I didn't think was too bad... Their systems sound pretty good on the 182's! Something different from the Ktec and milteks anyway!

How did it go Mitch? Impressed?

Impressed isn't the word mate! The difference in makes for such little money is awesome! Can't say I've heard a Ktec sytem in the flesh but I think I'd rather save myself £500 and stick with this!

It doesn't sound too different till you hit about 3.5k then it sounds very very good! I hadn't driven it from cold until this Mornin after it had been done and pops all the time until it's warm, i think it's how it should sound from the factory!

Ive got a feeling my mpg is gonna be going one way from now........down

Haha. Excellent. I found that on a motorway run where I normally get 28mpg avg, I got 30mpg.

The sound when the car is cold is awesome.

I'm yet to be convinced the cat-back system offers anything other than noise. So why spend the extra? only something in the realms of a group N system is going to do anything, and they're waaaay off legal.

The decat/100 cell plus appropriate mapping is surely what makes the difference, and you can do that to an OEM system.

Last edited:
I'm yet to be convinced the cat-back system offers anything other than noise. So why spend the extra? only something in the realms of a group N system is going to do anything, and they're waaaay off legal.

The decat/100 cell plus appropriate mapping is surely what makes the difference, and you can do that to an OEM system.

You're probably right, only differance would be weight. As I know the standard back box is quite heavy.

Haha. Excellent. I found that on a motorway run where I normally get 28mpg avg, I got 30mpg.

The sound when the car is cold is awesome.

Can't say I've found any improvement in mpg yet but I'll reset the trip next time I fill up to see what I'm gettin. Ive noticed the throttle response seems to be sharper and the flat spot isn't as noticeable.... May just be a placebo effect with all the noise tho!!

How long did it take them to do it? And how much I'm going to book mine in!

Took them half an hour to do mine and £50.... Not sure if deako got his done for £40 tho but as he's got a fair few of us booked in already I think he might have put the price up???? Still cheaper than a cat back :biggrin:

Pcp. Nothing says you can't mod a car on pcp.

Mitch, I'd have pushed the price down. I paid £40 at torqueflow and it's very easy money for them. I didnt have to barter to get that. If anything, they should be happy to earn such easy money for little outlay on their part.