Center Box Replacement with straight pipe - Birmingham Area - **Vid!!!**

looking at getting this done but I'm getting quoted £80 to have it done. I'm in Alfreton in Derbyshire. has anyone got any recommendations on where i could get it done for less? Don't mind travelling a bit

looking at getting this done but I'm getting quoted £80 to have it done. I'm in Alfreton in Derbyshire. has anyone got any recommendations on where i could get it done for less? Don't mind travelling a bit
I did mine myself , pipe plus clamps around £15 (ignoring the pipe cutting tool i bought)

I did mine myself , pipe plus clamps around £15 (ignoring the pipe cutting tool i bought)

How long did it take you Montana? Did you use a ramp?

Juts read this thread and seems very appealing. Also got a 200cell sports cat so might fit this with it. Take it theres no issues with fitting sports cat with OEM exhaust??

How long did it take you Montana? Did you use a ramp?

Juts read this thread and seems very appealing. Also got a 200cell sports cat so might fit this with it. Take it theres no issues with fitting sports cat with OEM exhaust??

Yes i used a ramp, doable with the car on axle stands though, doesnt take too long, would have been much quicker if i had used an angle grinder though. Get some high temp silicone to seal it with too.

I have just fitted my own and what a difference. Love the sound it makes. Also replaced spark plugs, coil packs and replaced paper air filter with a RamAir foam filter.

One me strange thing I have noticed is that the flat spot has disappeared COMPLETELY!!! I have power all through the revs. Is this because it now breathes easier? Or a mixture of all above? I could also put money on it that it has more power now! Need to get it rolling road'ed to be certain.

I have just fitted my own and what a difference. Love the sound it makes. Also replaced spark plugs, coil packs and replaced paper air filter with a RamAir foam filter.

One me strange thing I have noticed is that the flat spot has disappeared COMPLETELY!!! I have power all through the revs. Is this because it now breathes easier? Or a mixture of all above? I could also put money on it that it has more power now! Need to get it rolling road'ed to be certain.
Nice job on doing it yourself , straightforward isn't it. The flat spot will still be there I am guessing but depending on your driving style you may not notice it. If you are a smooth driver on the throttle and not planting the throttle wide open you tend not to expose the flat spot. All down to driving style.

Understand what your saying but I haven't driven it any different, I can no put my foot down from 2k revs all the way upto redline and no hesitation like there was before between 2k & 3k revs. Maybe hard to believe but it has defiantly gone. My Mrs even drove it and said 'oooh that's well quicker'....

Nice job on doing it yourself , straightforward isn't it. The flat spot will still be there I am guessing but depending on your driving style you may not notice it. If you are a smooth driver on the throttle and not planting the throttle wide open you tend not to expose the flat spot. All down to driving style.