Center Box Replacement with straight pipe - Birmingham Area - **Vid!!!**

iv been reading through this all night and keep hearing people say the 197/200 has a flat spot between 2000rpm and 2800rpm, so i took my clio out about 10 minutes ago and it was 0 degrees out side so it was a cold run to try and exaggerate the flat spot but i honestly couldn't feel it. does any one have any idea why its not there/less noticeable? as im looking into getting the silencer removed hopefully end of this week

any help would be appreciated thanks :smile:

Absolutely 100% go for it. I deliberated for ages about it but I haven't regretted it one bit. It did make the flatspot worse for me, but the sound makes it worth it. Give it 3 weeks to fully settle in. You'll be changing at 4k plus every gear just to hear the 'bobobobopop'.

I remapped mine in the end with the RSTuner from fastchip.nl. It has reduced the flat spot considerably, you only notice it when it's cold. It doesn't pop and bang as much now but it still does it. I'd recommend the remap as well. It costs about £185 delivered.

So to sum up: got for it! :smile:

I really want it done now haha well hopefully this weekend if I'm not working, I got quoted £40 to £80 depending on how difficult it is to get the the silencer seems reasonable enough compared to what people are paying for the job

Got the silencer removed to night :smile: must say its nice when it's revved but just driving it around. How long dose it take to bed in a pop and bang haha?

Good, I love the nasty deep tone she has at the moment but if it fades back to that I'll be happy :smile: Will get the maxogen sorted this week then she how she is after that. Cheers fella

Cheers guys :smile: I do 60miles roughly each day for work so hopefully it'll bed in sooner cant wait :smile: thanks for the replies, had a run in it just a minute ago was a bit cold and popped and banged a little bit <3

I've just taken the centre box out my self it's not that bad of a job, 10 min to cut the box off and another 10 min to clamp the new pipe in, jobs done :smile: I've been left with loads of pipe though as I had to by a 2meter length

Will be getting this done on my 197, i am thinking of making my own backbox using a powerflow silencer and fabricating the pipe work. Will stick with the clio sport tips.