Center Box Replacement with straight pipe - Birmingham Area - **Vid!!!**

Not drony at all dude, not much difference over standard to be honest. Mine pops and cracks all the time, sounds awesome.

Hey guys,

I'm a total newbie but having read a great deal about removing the silencer on the Clio 197/200, I have decided to take the plunge as the feedback seems largely positive (don't mention the flat spot...).

I am based in West London so can anyone recommend a good exhaust shop within reasonable distance that might do this? I know they will charge more than £40 being London-based, so am prepared to pay about £60 for what seems like an awesome mod!

Also, can someone confirm that I won't have to re-install the silencer every time I go to get it MOT'd, even if I go to a place such as Kwik-fit?

Finally, are there any dangers with messing with the lambda sensors or is the catalytic converter separate to the silencer box on the 197 and doesn't have any as a result? (excuse my ignorance-exhausts are not speciality!).

Any tips on getting this mod will be much appreciated...e.g. welded vs. sleeve fit etc.
Cheers in advance!

I have a spare mid section for my Akrapovic. im tempted to take the small box out of that and make it a straight through section.

hmmmm

just had this done after my middle silencer failed (welds at both sides had failed!)

Local garage cut it out and welded it up for me.. and replace with a pipe..

sounds ace went for a 50minute drive and its quite loud at high rpm!

Flat spot is awful if you nail it however if you slowly apply power you cant notice it..

just had this done after my middle silencer failed (welds at both sides had failed!)

Local garage cut it out and welded it up for me.. and replace with a pipe..

sounds ace went for a 50minute drive and its quite loud at high rpm!

Flat spot is awful if you nail it however if you slowly apply power you cant notice it..

Is your flat spot present even after the engine has warmed up?

0.5m just does it, so either side of silencer, but 1m would allow you to cut further up the pipe, but from memory the pipe starts to both twist and change in shape/size a little bit. I went 0.5m and just sleeve clamps and if i wanted can refit standard silencer back on

yeh i want it to be interchangable .

not sure of what to do unsure of flat sport etc

whats the diameter ?

The flat spot will be worse than normal, but if you're smooth on the throttle then you'll barely notice it.

It's so low down the rev range anyway, not near the ''Funzone''. :smiley:

60.3mm ????

couldn't find that I went with 63.5 (OD)and that is a snug fit over the existing pipe then sleeve clamps over the top which clamp down nice & tight

I went with stainless pipe which was 1.5mm thick so ID dropped to 60.5 which was OD of existing, the place i got from did alloy but that was only 1mm thick

so to get it on i slid it forward towards cat then back over the rear section, ensuring the lot had exhaust paste all over which the company also supplied FOC
exhaustpartsuk.com
2 x Exhaust Pipe Connector - Heavy Duty 60/64 x 130 mm (Exhaust Parts)
1 x Exhaust Repair 500mm Stainless Steel Exhaust Tube 63.50 mm (Stainless
Steel Tubes, 1/2 meter)

my flat spot is no worse than before and only when cold or is for me anyway, just do it, the benefits outweigh the negatives, although you will burn up more petrol coz you'll be staying in lower gears for all the pops & bangs :smile:

good info im confused can you clarify the internal diameter ?

i hear what your saying ref flat spot but seems to effect normall driving ?