Car has gone into production

Ah cool :smile:
I kind of wish I went for tints and cornering lights plus the folding mirrors but then again that is nearly 1k of extras lol.

Just want it now! They are probably parked next to each other on the ferry over I hope!!

I was tempted to add the cornering lights but decided to leave as is because it would have been that and then something else lol which would probably mean having to wait even longer.

I was hoping for a call today to say its left the factory but nothing :worried:

I think they've sold yours to someone else Maz after reading all the French bashing in this thread :wink:

News just in . . . . . . factory in Dieppe is on fire . . .. . ..

joke lol got u for a split second though maz?

I was under the impression that all 200's made in September were left hand drive!

It alternates month to month to keep costs down Jan, March, May, July, Sept and Nov are LHD months...

Was meant to be picking mine up this Saturday.. Just had a call to say it hasn't left the import centre yet and won't be at the garage until around the 11th :worried:

No idea LOL im banking on it being delivered on time!!

Mines been at the import centre for a week now, it was due 27/09/2010 (ordered 5/07/2010), then put back to the 4/10/2010 and now put back to the 12/10/2010

Last edited:
It will all be worth it when you get them. Cant wait to see them on a meet...... Might be expensive trip tho.....i know i will drive away and want to buy a new 200 or meg 250 lol.

Loving "the factory is on fire joke" lol very funny

Looks like a 2 week delay at least is to be expected by the sounds of the comments in here.

Will be worth the wait but its torture thats for sure. :jump1:

Maz, I received this email yesterday evening:

Dear Mr ******,

Your new Renault is on its way

I'm delighted to tell you that your new Renault Clio has left our factory.

Once it arrives in the UK it will be given a thorough inspection before being sent directly to your Dealer.

Your Clio is expected to arrive at Renault Leicester during the week commencing 25th October 2010.

Should there be any change to this schedule Renault Leicester will let you know. Otherwise, they will contact you when your car is ready for collection.

Now, I don't remember giving the dealer my email address, but either way, the date quoted IS the date the dealer stated when I ordered. The dealer told me 3 weeks ago that my car had gone into production, and was on time.

i would be ringing the dealer everyday if I was you...

Had two phone calls today.

1 - Your car is scheduled to be delivered to the dealership on 11th October.

2 - Your car is delayed at the docs, we will update you on Tuesday 12th October.

Great, im meant to be collecting on 15th... anyone want to have a bet on how late its going to be ... I reckon its going to be 29th October at the least before I can collect it.