Blowie/buzz noise at 2.3k under hard acceleration

Yeah my mounts are solid enough for now (I said my exhaust was good 4 months ago too lol).
She's had a bit of work needed on her this year. Then again she is getting on age wise now and I've been lucky that all she has needed replacing is a battery (barring usual wear and tear items like pads/wipers/tyres etc)

just going to get a new mani so I haven't got to worry about other flexis blowing anytime soon. Do it once and do it properly IMO.

Yeah my mounts are solid enough for now (I said my exhaust was good 4 months ago too lol).
She's had a bit of work needed on her this year. Then again she is getting on age wise now and I've been lucky that all she has needed replacing is a battery (barring usual wear and tear items like pads/wipers/tyres etc)

just going to get a new mani so I haven't got to worry about other flexis blowing anytime soon. Do it once and do it properly IMO.
Sounds good to me. Going with the Toyosport one? I've seen the Renault one is £800 odd quid :-|

Yep toyosport for me. £800 is a bit ridiculous. Normally don't have an issue getting my bits from Renault but certain parts they price up silly.

The one I linked is for a 197 the one you linked is for a 200 they are different.
saying that they both look the same to me, just the photo is taken at different angles and the pipes merge slightly earlier on the toyosport version.

Last edited:
The 197 and 200 use the same manifold, the toyosport one is aftermarket decated manilfold thats why it only has one flexi

So this will replace my manifold/cat/flexis all in one and will swap for my old one?
I thought you needed the cat for MOT?
Thanks for your help.

Cool thanks for clearing that up :smile:
You can tell exhausts aren't my thing. I know enough to help me not get scammed at garages (ever again) and what I learnt from my old fiestas

I have heard some people pass with a decat. I do suppose it will come down to your emissions. I can let you know next month when mine goes in for its MOT.
I think there are 2 cats on 197/200 anyway isn't there. A primary and secondary. This mani removes the primary?

im not 100% so don't quote me on that.

Last edited:
Took it garage today and was quoted £50, (i was rubbing my hands at that)

20 mins later got a phone call saying "its a lot harder than i thought, going to take 6-7 hours, costing £240 plus vat"

Not happy :-(

Took it garage today and was quoted £50, (i was rubbing my hands at that)

20 mins later got a phone call saying "its a lot harder than i thought, going to take 6-7 hours, costing £240 plus vat"

Not happy :-(

Quotes stand regardless?