Blowie/buzz noise at 2.3k under hard acceleration

Thinking this is probably my exhaust (or where it joins the mani) as its still on its original one (which is now 6/almost 7 years old)

noticed it yesterday morning and it is literally only at 2.3k and only when I accelerate quick.
If it rolls upto that rpm it doesn't make a noise, if I softly accelerate no noise either.

Hasn't really effected the car. If anything the car feels better under acceleration and smoother.

belts pulleys and pump were all changed march last year so I'm hoping it isn't a pulley as its from that area of the bay.

Rev it to 7k ish whilst driving. Does yours sound like its sucking/blowing?
getting mine examined hopefully today. Honestly I'm 90% sure it's the manifold or exhaust.

top anti rotation mount, the one by the cam cover coming off the bulkhead, theres a cover on the side with a hole in it (you can see the big bolt that bolts through the rubber) the cover is crimpped onto the mount and come loose, vibrating a certain revs.

bth_C47C01D9-F0E2-4F28-9680-27DF96043F81-2718-00000516CC2418D6_zps1c7fbb41.jpg

mine had a rattle not long after i brought it and they found it was this

they replaced it with a new one, but for the mean time they tightened it up, so it is possible, probably need a clamp of some sort to get the pressure on it to bend the lip in

you will a little play in the mount itself, its the bit on the side (the abit around the bolt) its like hooked tightly onto the mount, so youve got metal on metal vibrating

you will a little play in the mount itself, its the bit on the side (the abit around the bolt) its like hooked tightly onto the mount, so youve got metal on metal vibrating
Nah the mounts defintely okay, had it look at this evening. Time to ring the warranty company >:worried:

Like ive said its not the mount itself its the cover type thing on the side

Mot place down on invincible road.
worked on my car before great garage. Can't recommend them enough.
Might have to give them a ring if my Garage can't pin point it.
What are you doing about fixing it? New flexi's welded in or getting the Toyosport manifold?
Also are your mounts okay?

Last edited: