Big Bens non Clio

Bedford 04/11 update:

Brilliant day out. Weather was naff to start with but still manageable and enjoyable. Adds a bit of fun when the RWD boys are spinning off all over the place:grinning:

Weather dried after lunch and everyone could up their pace. Lots of good drivers out there. @rupe30 and his mate in an 8v 106!!! @Cliosport-carl has a really sorted car. Well impressed. @jamesgw200 in his storming meg trophy. And my boy Pav who I get the feeling if he didn’t have to drive home in it would be as quick as anyone:thumb:
Didn’t get to see everyone drive unfortunately. Especially wanted a ride in Micah’s trophy but that’ll have to wait til next time!

My own car was exactly as I’d hoped it’d be when i committed to having it megged. Handles brilliant and goes brilliant. Couldn’t be happier

Event was made all the better for having loads of people that I knew. All great blokes and all friendly and approachable. Think we might have a new track convert @MrWid :wink:
Micah’s buddy Will who’s now on the forum. Should be seeing more of him. James and his buddies need to buy Clios haha. Give them a nudge mate!

Chris and the Beaniesport boys. The ride in the Puma was unforgettable

Day ended with recovery home unfortunately. Solid brake pedal suggesting servo or vacuum issue. No big drama. It’s only money....

Thanks for looking

Really good to hear the day went well Ben; and that the 197-T's first airing showed the conversion was all worth it.....And what you've got to look forward to long-term. Like when the weather plays ball 100% for starters !

Slight brake problem is all part of the game for being tracked / having a harder 'competition type' life unfortunately. Been there with Enduro bikes especially.

Anyway - i have no doubt you'll be right on it on and replace said components with upgraded parts where possible so it won't happen again. Hope it's fairly painless, easy and straightforward to sort none-the-less !! :smile:

Bedford 04/11 update:

Brilliant day out. Weather was naff to start with but still manageable and enjoyable. Adds a bit of fun when the RWD boys are spinning off all over the place:grinning:

Weather dried after lunch and everyone could up their pace. Lots of good drivers out there. @rupe30 and his mate in an 8v 106!!! @Cliosport-carl has a really sorted car. Well impressed. @jamesgw200 in his storming meg trophy. And my boy Pav who I get the feeling if he didn’t have to drive home in it would be as quick as anyone:thumb:
Didn’t get to see everyone drive unfortunately. Especially wanted a ride in Micah’s trophy but that’ll have to wait til next time!

My own car was exactly as I’d hoped it’d be when i committed to having it megged. Handles brilliant and goes brilliant. Couldn’t be happier

Event was made all the better for having loads of people that I knew. All great blokes and all friendly and approachable. Think we might have a new track convert @MrWid :wink:
Micah’s buddy Will who’s now on the forum. Should be seeing more of him. James and his buddies need to buy Clios haha. Give them a nudge mate!

Day ended with recovery home unfortunately. Solid brake pedal suggesting servo or vacuum issue. No big drama. It’s only money....

Thanks for looking
Great feedback Ben. Sounds like a great day. I'm looking forward to Spa next year even more now. It'll be good to get a few of us from here together at my favourite track.

Reactions: Big Ben and Pav
Even with the rain it was a great day out Ben, and agree that having a load of us there made it even better. I’m gutted I didn’t get round to taking you and Benno out, you were more than welcome to jump in. Next time for sure!
Your car was looking dead handy around the track, enjoyed watching it whizz past the garages. Sorry to hear about the brakes but I’m sure it’s easily sorted compared to a Meg conversion :wink:

Was that why you stopped on the way out Ben?? I would have pulled over if I'd realised!

Your car looked and sounded brilliant out on track, as did Pav's. Really enjoyed my ride out in his to see just how different they are from a standard N/A! Lots of ideas in my head this end about what to do...

Thanks for setting up the thread to get us all involved, nice to finally put names to faces and I'm really looking forward to next month now!

P.S. Glad I wasn't the only one in that queue not to have put the towing eye on...:oops:

Reactions: Pav and Big Ben
Bedford 04/11 update:

Thanks for looking

Good to meet you Ben, your car looked great & you were quick out there! Sorry to hear about the brake failure, at least it happened at the end of the day.. It was my brother in the 106, he had a great wet setup which he took full advantage of! Looking forward to the next event :smiley:

Reactions: Big Ben
as you said Ben..what a perfect day..these days are much better when there are some mates to share the fun with..if you are there on your own,you will have a good time but once you are back in the pits,not a lot to do..great to have a chat and socialize and share after each session..
and we did have a good time watching the guys in RWD cars spinning like the track was made out of ice..
fingers crossed your car is fixed asap..:thumb:

And my boy Pav who I get the feeling if he didn’t have to drive home in it would be as quick as anyone:thumb:

Think we might have a new track convert @MrWid :wink:
yeah Pav would have been faster if he wasnt skint and scared something may happen to his car :excited:
plus i wouldnt fancy a 5 hour drive home in a recovery truck..Had enough of this from Yorksire last time..

im so happy you love your converted car..i hoped you felt the same as me..still great in the corners but in the straights,hard to find someone who could beat me in the straight yesterday..

think @MrWid is converted already...his car sounded brill and he was giving it some!!:thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great feedback Ben. Sounds like a great day. I'm looking forward to Spa next year even more now. It'll be good to get a few of us from here together at my favourite track.
Really looking forward to Spa John. Couple of guys yesterday said they’re keen. Would be great if there was a clio197.net turnout

Even with the rain it was a great day out Ben, and agree that having a load of us there made it even better. I’m gutted I didn’t get round to taking you and Benno out, you were more than welcome to jump in. Next time for sure!
Your car was looking dead handy around the track, enjoyed watching it whizz past the garages. Sorry to hear about the brakes but I’m sure it’s easily sorted compared to a Meg conversion :wink:
I’ll take you up on that offer Micah!
Looking forward to next time

Was that why you stopped on the way out Ben?? I would have pulled over if I'd realised!

Your car looked and sounded brilliant out on track, as did Pav's. Really enjoyed my ride out in his to see just how different they are from a standard N/A! Lots of ideas in my head this end about what to do...

Thanks for setting up the thread to get us all involved, nice to finally put names to faces and I'm really looking forward to next month now!

P.S. Glad I wasn't the only one in that queue not to have put the towing eye on...:oops:
No worries mate you wasn’t to know I had a problem.

Your car looked great on them new wheels... knew you’d like the Yokos:wink:

I’ll set up another thread meet for the new year. Bedford or Snetterton.

Towing eye!!!:tearsofjoy:

Glad the car performed great Ben!

Hope you got the straight line speed you were hankering after :smiley:
Seemed to be going faster than most:wink:

yeah Pav would have been faster if he wasnt skint and scared something may happen to his car :excited:
plus i wouldnt fancy a 5 hour drive home in a recovery truck..Had enough of this from Yorksire last time..

im so happy you love your converted car..i hoped you felt the same as me..still great in the corners but in the straights,hard to find someone who could beat me in the straight yesterday..

think @MrWid is converted already...his car sounded brill and he was giving it some!!:thumb:
Maybe a northern meet next year so you haven’t got as far to go in the recovery truck:tearsofjoy:

Wasn’t much coming past us on the straight bits was there:grinning:

As you said. Why didn’t I do conversion earlier....

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe a northern meet next year so you haven’t got as far to go in the recovery truck:tearsofjoy:

Wasn’t much coming past us on the straight bits was there:grinning:

As you said. Why didn’t I do conversion earlier....
still shit when it happens no matter how far from home you are..it would be a good thing to have a northern one in the future..think we would be able to get @Jimmy on board too :french:

and yes i only got overtaken by the lotus really..there were other cars that would overtake me but had no chance to find out..

Reactions: Jimmy and Beany
Couple of guys yesterday said they’re keen. Would be great if there was a clio197.net turnout

No worries mate you wasn’t to know I had a problem.

Your car looked great on them new wheels... knew you’d like the Yokos:wink:

I’ll set up another thread meet for the new year. Bedford or Snetterton.

Towing eye!!!:tearsofjoy:

+1 for Spa as said yesterday!

Had a proper look round it on the Sparcos this morning, sits really nice. But oh my word you were 110% right about first mod to make, I'll never buy anything else for dry/summer tyres!!!

+1 for Spa as said yesterday!

Had a proper look round it on the Sparcos this morning, sits really nice. But oh my word you were 110% right about first mod to make, I'll never buy anything else for dry/summer tyres!!!
100% ad08,right?

Reactions: Benno
This is great reading so many positive posts about the track day yesterday! Hopefully get to see some of you on track next year no doubt. I know I might see a few at Oulton, @Big Ben if you do a Snetterton one in the new year on a weekend I'd Defo bring the car down there. Love a good day at Snetterton!
Sounds like you're all loving the addtional power from the cars, reading your posts have started to niggle away at the back of my mind again!

Reactions: Pav and Big Ben
This is great reading so many positive posts about the track day yesterday! Hopefully get to see some of you on track next year no doubt. I know I might see a few at Oulton, @Big Ben if you do a Snetterton one in the new year on a weekend I'd Defo bring the car down there. Love a good day at Snetterton!
Sounds like you're all loving the addtional power from the cars, reading your posts have started to niggle away at the back of my mind again!
Will tag you in Tom no problem. I’m sure everyone will prefer a weekend. I’ll look into it

Reactions: tombate911