Benno's UR197 & Meg 250

mean Syer!!not very nice that..i would never call somebody's car filthy,right @Jimmy :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Chris is a closet detailer i tell you. He pictures it here dirty - but in reality it's nearly always MINT !

****And i've seen the detailing gear that lives in his rear door pockets too.

Don't underestimate this man !

Reactions: Chris
Chris is a closet detailer i tell you. He pictures it here dirty - but in reality it's nearly always MINT !

****And i've seen the detailing gear that lives in his rear door pockets too.

Don't underestimate this man !

Haha! Oh how I wish that was true!

True about the rear door pockets though :smiley:

That's a good point about runners, very rare someone else drives my Clio (three times since April) so I might well scrap them! No modification needed to other parts to get it all in without them is there?

Just had a look at retrim costs and see what you mean about that too...will be good 2nd handers or new then!

Cheers Lee, will look into Jon Foz frames when I finish work!:thumb:
Nope, it all just bolts up. I assume those corbeaus have a standard bolt pattern, I'll see if I can find out. If they're side mounted then there won't be any problems!

I'll try and see if I can get a decent pic to show how mine are mounted.... That should help show how it all goes together.

I think the Jon foz frames are a home made jobbie, in all honesty I havent read up about them but anythings gonna be better than the shit omp provide!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Benno
After my escapades going to find a helmet for next week, I thought I'd use my free time this afternoon to sort the exterior out a bit!

Pre washed with Auto Glym Conditioner Shampoo, then decontaminated with Auto Finesse Iron Out, pleasantly surprised by the low amount of fallout on the paintwork.

750edac68344c7a739a8ae45db5ebffd.jpg

470aad1e642944d81659f4e86f92e038.jpg

Second wash with AG, then got the Gyeon clay & Poorboys lube out. Paint felt like sandpaper before, so much difference its unbelievable.

Finally, I cleaned the wheels with AF Imperial, so easy to use and has brought the wheels up a treat!

I started polishing with AG Super Resin, however the light was fading and the temperature was plummeting, which led to condensation forming as I was buffing off the polish, so decided against it. Essentially couldn't see where the polish had come off...

Only downside is the amount of swirl marks that have been revealed, needs a good machining! But until then, it's looking absolutely spot on.

9862a6306b5345c3c6185da5961b26f7.jpg

104d88270b352b0106d848b8036a9dfc.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After my escapades going to find a helmet for next week, I thought I'd use my free time this afternoon to sort the exterior out a bit!

Pre washed with Auto Glym Conditioner Shampoo, then decontaminated with Auto Finesse Iron Out, pleasantly surprised by the low amount of fallout on the paintwork.

View attachment 116765

View attachment 116766

Second wash with AG, then got the Gyeon clay & Poorboys lube out. Paint felt like sandpaper before, so much difference its unbelievable.

Finally, I cleaned the wheels with AF Imperial, so easy to use and has brought the wheels up a treat!

I started polishing with AG Super Resin, however the light was fading and the temperature was plummeting, which led to condensation forming as I was buffing off the polish, so decided against it. Essentially couldn't see where the polish had come off...

Only downside is the amount of swirl marks that have been revealed, needs a good machining! But until then, it's looking absolutely spot on.

View attachment 116767

View attachment 116768

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great job !

Where I’ve not been able to clay, prep, polish and seal a whole car in one day; I’ve clay’d etc like you - then polished, waxed/ sealed one panel at a time over the course of a few nights etc.

Also helps this way if the weather isn’t great as you can dodge the rain (Or Dark this time of year) and get a section completely finished before it pees it down, and not ruin one complete stage over the whole car; which might be hours worth of work.

Reactions: Benno

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Spotted 1
decon Spotted 1
luke3 Gallery 7
MikeH Spotted 0
1 Spotted 3