Benno's UR197 & Meg 250

Indicator lense on the way.

Please look after it and keep it clean as per the style it’s neen accustomed to. I expect it to be cleaned, polished and detailed bi-monthly as a minimum.

I shall be checking up on you too.... :smirk:

Cheers Shuv, lifesaver!

Free weekend coming up. Will prepare the car for its new arrival :wink:

The Gyeon and Collinite will be coming out to play! @kevlar are you about to be on standby when I completely screw something up? :excited:

Cheers Shuv, lifesaver!

Free weekend coming up. Will prepare the car for its new arrival :wink:

The Gyeon and Collinite will be coming out to play! @kevlar are you about to be on standby when I completely screw something up? :excited:
Got a detail coming up on sunday myself sisters selling her car so ive been lucky to land the job of a detail for the adverts...oh joy.

What gyeon stuff you got? collinite should be asy to use, just dont put it on thick...dont let it dry out...no worries about the panels being to hot though i suppose!

Reactions: Benno
Got a detail coming up on sunday myself sisters selling her car so ive been lucky to land the job of a detail for the adverts...oh joy.

What gyeon stuff you got? collinite should be asy to use, just dont put it on thick...dont let it dry out...no worries about the panels being to hot though i suppose!

Only Gyeon clay so nothing too strenuous to be honest, still waiting for the jet wash at work to be fixed so I can give it a proper good snowfoaming, chances are not for this weekend though so buckets out...

Always get a good finish with SRP so guaranteed to be a nice shine on it!

Yes! My word they're lovely. I took my mate down and was talking about the ones you showed me and Pav literally 5 mins before I arrived and said straight away to him, yep those ones!

They really suit the car, have had a set in a basket for a few days now, but can't bring myself to buy new ones just yet! Still partly waiting for a cheap set of Recaros to turn up online...
Thought you'd recognise them! I've seen a few sets pop up now and again so keep your eyes peeled. Personally I can bring myself to buy new as the depreciate too much when it comes to selling them on so every penny saved helps in the long run.
Don't forget the added cost of subframes and runners if you decide to run them, it soon adds up!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thought you'd recognise them! I've seen a few sets pop up now and again so keep your eyes peeled. Personally I can bring myself to buy new as the depreciate too much when it comes to selling them on so every penny saved helps in the long run.
Don't forget the added cost of subframes and runners if you decide to run them, it soon adds up!

The only thing I'd really like new if I got the Corbeaus is the red stitching, however if I picked a set up secondhand I could always get them retrimmed! Sub frames and runners nearly made me choke when I looked at the price of it all together....

Definitely one tick in the Recaro box...

The only thing I'd really like new if I got the Corbeaus is the red stitching, however if I picked a set up secondhand I could always get them retrimmed! Sub frames and runners nearly made me choke when I looked at the price of it all together....

Definitely one tick in the Recaro box...
For the price of a retrim you'd be bonkers not to buy new.... I cant imagine you'll save anything going that route.
In all honesty I'd see if you can get hold of some different frames, the Jon foz ones I think they're called would be a good shout to save drilling and filing the holes. Honestly I was more than pissed after paying that much for subframes that technically don't fit.
Took me a good hour or so messing around making them fit.

The ones I got were a good deal though so it saved a fair amount. If you do go down the omp route pm me and I'll link you to the pair I got.
If you'll be the only one driving then don't bother with runners, saves you a chunk of money. I only moved mine one notch back after a few days and it's spot on now.

P.S. @Chris know any good detailers around the Grantham area with some free time in the middle of December? :wink:

What you doing around Grantham mate?

If you want the full pro detail, there's Adi @ Deep Shine Detail at Lincoln, he produces some superb work, about 35min away from Grantham though, and going north if you're coming from the south.

What sort of detail are you looking at and what needs doing?
It's all down to how much you're thinking of spending.

Full machine polish? I'll get the paint thickness gauge out if I'm free :wink:

think that's a fair point :good:

i dont move my seat that often so runners may be a waste of money..

If you want the full pro detail, there's Adi @ Deep Shine Detail at Lincoln, he produces some superb work, about 35min away from Grantham though, and going north if you're coming from the south.

Grantham is the location of the site christmas meal :wink:

Reactions: Benno and JMR
For the price of a retrim you'd be bonkers not to buy new.... I cant imagine you'll save anything going that route.
In all honesty I'd see if you can get hold of some different frames, the Jon foz ones I think they're called would be a good shout to save drilling and filing the holes. Honestly I was more than pissed after paying that much for subframes that technically don't fit.
Took me a good hour or so messing around making them fit.

The ones I got were a good deal though so it saved a fair amount. If you do go down the omp route pm me and I'll link you to the pair I got.
If you'll be the only one driving then don't bother with runners, saves you a chunk of money. I only moved mine one notch back after a few days and it's spot on now.

That's a good point about runners, very rare someone else drives my Clio (three times since April) so I might well scrap them! No modification needed to other parts to get it all in without them is there?

Just had a look at retrim costs and see what you mean about that too...will be good 2nd handers or new then!

Cheers Lee, will look into Jon Foz frames when I finish work!:thumb:

As Chris said, Christmas meal meet! Come along, it's bound to be a quality evening, cheap hotel too! Bring your paint gauge! :wink:

Reactions: JMR

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Spotted 1
decon Spotted 1
luke3 Gallery 7
MikeH Spotted 0
1 Spotted 3