Benno's UR197 & Meg 250

Great job !

Where I’ve not been able to clay, prep, polish and seal a whole car in one day; I’ve clay’d etc like you - then polished, waxed/ sealed one panel at a time over the course of a few nights etc.

Also helps this way if the weather isn’t great as you can dodge the rain (Or Dark this time of year) and get a section completely finished before it pees it down, and not ruin one complete stage over the whole car; which might be hours worth of work.

That's a brilliant idea, I will do that!

Reactions: sevenfourate
First delivery has arrived.....can't fault MF Tyres (Facebook), great service, great price and delivered them himself as he knew I needed them asap. Recommended by Ben Patey as he's taking a break. Will be using him again soon I'm sure..

e0ada0e288de6c67a9a2c27753e0e0e0.jpg

Getting excited for Saturday now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brand new shoes..
gotta show us something like this on Saturday to break them in
200.webp

Reactions: Benno
brand new shoes..
gotta show us something like this on Saturday to break them in
200.webp

If you think I'm doing burnouts on AD08Rs you must be crazy :wink: most I've ever spent on tyres! What pressures for Saturday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keeping with the topic of deliveries, this was waiting for me when I returned home from work! @sevenfourate you're a gent thank you!

63b4c17a9d0115376973da6ace93b583.jpg

Reactions: sevenfourate
If you think I'm doing burnouts on AD08Rs you must be crazy :wink: most I've ever spent on tyres! What pressures for Saturday?

haha..gotta love a bit of smoke..i will have my fronts on 32psi and will let some air out depending on the ambient temperature..

Reactions: Benno
Leave the cling-film on ?

Might take them back off after Bedford and preserve them! In all seriousness would they be alright if they came off the car for a few months? Thinking about running the PS3s into the ground over the winter, then Feb/March when it starts drying out, whack the Yokos on permanently?

Been a shit long few days at work so I've been pretty much getting home and hitting the sack...

974acae5213fe120db0aeafb4530e2d6.jpg

The good news...the Yokos are on the rims...the bad news...I got shafted £80 for fitting and balancing...not happy!

Another good thing, Sparco helmet arrived yesterday, absolutely love it. Fits well, not too snug that I'll be sweating everything out in the first few laps anyway...

I handed the car to the garage next door to our depot at work and said can you change the gearbox oil and do all the bulbs in my headlights, it's all sat on the front passenger seat ready to go..no problem he says!

He drops the car back round and I say to him, everything go alright with all the bulbs? He promptly replies, yeah I replaced the one that was blown....I said right, what about the rest? To which he says, they were fine so I didn't bother....

I get in the car later on in the day not only to find he's put one of his cheapo bulbs in, instead of using two of the £100 worth of bulbs I have sat on the passenger seat, but also he's put his own cheap gearbox oil in rather than the NFP I also have sat on the passenger seat!!

Rage over...not sure if I should drain his box oil myself and put some fresh NFP in...? Or will it be alright to carry on at least until the new year when I will start getting ready to track it more regularly..

Slightly depressing knowing I've got to pay for his bulb and oil along with his time tomorrow when I go in..if I knew this would happen I really would have done it myself, or tried!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be paying for that work done, it isn't what you asked him to, i either wouldn't pay for the work or get him to put it right and do it your self.
He probably didn't change all the bulbs as it's a pain in the arse job. Easier to take the bumper and lights off to swap the headlight bulbs than fiddling around in the back of the light with half of the engine bay in the way.
I'd also have a look at what you pay for your tyre fitting. I and my friends pay £7 a wheel for tyre's balanced and fitting with a new valve. I sometimes get it cheaper than that as I send a lot of locals and friends in their two. £30 a set is what I'd say is reasonable,

Reactions: G8RSH and Benno
I wouldn't be paying for that work done, it isn't what you asked him to, i either wouldn't pay for the work or get him to put it right and do it your self.
He probably didn't change all the bulbs as it's a pain in the arse job. Easier to take the bumper and lights off to swap the headlight bulbs than fiddling around in the back of the light with half of the engine bay in the way.
I'd also have a look at what you pay for your tyre fitting. I and my friends pay £7 a wheel for tyre's balanced and fitting with a new valve. I sometimes get it cheaper than that as I send a lot of locals and friends in their two. £30 a set is what I'd say is reasonable,

That's why I spent so much on bulbs, thought why not get the lot done then I'll have no issues in the near future!!

Last month I think it was, the same place charged me £10 a tyre for two. Now £20 a tyre, seems pretty ridiculous to me!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Spotted 1
decon Spotted 1
luke3 Gallery 7
MikeH Spotted 0
1 Spotted 3