Anyone had camms fitted and actually felt increase in power

Status
Not open for further replies.
engine tuning isnt all about headline figures.

More increases as to what it was before, and increases in useful area's.

If you gain power in mid range then that is far better than gains at the top end. Unless of course you drive everywhere on the redline?

Many moons ago I dipped my foot into the 'tuning' industry and had the BTB exhaust made for the clio 182. When we tested it, top end it gained about 1-2 bhp. Mid range there was a 7 bhp gain. Cat back system, no remap etc.

A mid range gain of that will make a car feel better through the revs, be ideal for over taking etc etc.

So try not to get caught up in final BHP figures. Its more about driveability

Yes your right its also how it puts the extra power down, i recently had a mk1 focus rs that was dyno'd at 280bhp, raced one that was 320bhp and whoopped it.

I just hope though after spending £1400 pounds on cams and a map that i get a lot more response from yhe clio and higher bhp than it was before !! :thumbup:

Not a chance in hell mate, if that went on RS tuning rollers, id put good money on it being ~ 210...................if you're lucky,

No way dude. Many clio's on the mild cat cams make the 210ish figure, with my cams which are far more lairy and a few other bits I had done its not far off! Agree it might not be spot on but im one of 3 people on this forum who have them and all have had similar figures. Speaks for itself imo.

No way dude. Many clio's on the mild cat cams make the 210ish figure, with my cams which are far more lairy and a few other bits I had done its not far off! Agree it might not be spot on but im one of 3 people on this forum who have them and all have had similar figures. Speaks for itself imo.

Mate ive just noticed your location is mk ! I go to mk car cruise now and again ! Is yours the supercharged one ?

Also im having cat cams fitted monday by k teck ! Did you feel much difference after yours being done !

engine tuning isnt all about headline figures.

More increases as to what it was before, and increases in useful area's.

If you gain power in mid range then that is far better than gains at the top end. Unless of course you drive everywhere on the redline?

Many moons ago I dipped my foot into the 'tuning' industry and had the BTB exhaust made for the clio 182. When we tested it, top end it gained about 1-2 bhp. Mid range there was a 7 bhp gain. Cat back system, no remap etc.

A mid range gain of that will make a car feel better through the revs, be ideal for over taking etc etc.

So try not to get caught up in final BHP figures. Its more about driveability.
This is very true, I had Catcam 428's fitted to the 182 and I got a 12bhp increase top end which I was a little disappointed with at first seeing what others had got. But when I saw the dyno graph and then drove it I didn't care, the power and torque increase mid range was amazing. The little girl goes mental between 5-7k and the 3-5k power is loads better

I got something like a 22ftlb increase in torque :smile:

Mate ive just noticed your location is mk ! I go to mk car cruise now and again ! Is yours the supercharged one ?

Also im having cat cams fitted monday by k teck ! Did you feel much difference after yours being done !

Yes mate mines the supercharged one :smile: I noticed a massive difference in performance, the midrange was awesome and after 5k it was a a different car, felt like a really tourqey charge all the way to 7.8k!! But mine are different to yours. But you will notice the difference. It should feel like a clio on steroids.

I don't no why people get so put off, I think it's an excellent mod!

id be interested in them if you were getting a decent mid range gain as thats where i feel it lacks a bit compaired to my previous 172's

Any updates Max? A member in here noticed that Ktec removed the cam package from their website. Do you by any chance know why?

Nope not done yet ! Took it done this morning but due to living so far away i dropped it off and will pick it up thursday.

K-teck are updating the site, so it will be back on soon !

I had myn put on the dyno today thoygh so i could see what it was before i left,
The results were 201.9 bhp and 166fbt

They said that was very impressive and i should be looking at 220bhp from cams and re map!

The car currently on has a full stainless miltek exaust and de cat.

Nice figures mate, I just had miltek with decat fitted on sat, lol, hope I get something close to that! Lol, let us know how different it feels I'm trying to decide on cams, any filter fitted?

Wow thats high!! :smile: Nice mate, you'll love it mate when its finished! When you getting it back?

Is it a 197 or 200?

Nice figures mate, I just had miltek with decat fitted on sat, lol, hope I get something close to that! Lol, let us know how different it feels I'm trying to decide on cams, any filter fitted?

No filter yet ! Having an itg pannel filter fitted with camms, and will deffo give you figures and pics of dyno before and after !

Status
Not open for further replies.