Anyone had camms fitted and actually felt increase in power

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an impressive before power figure from what I've seen others post.

I'm curious now what mine's putting out, might have to arrange a run at local RR as very accurate dyno & experienced operator.

Does anyone know are the RS engines hand built or just standard robot production line assembled? May explain why figures vary so much.

That's an impressive before power figure from what I've seen others post.

I'm curious now what mine's putting out, might have to arrange a run at local RR as very accurate dyno & experienced operator.

Does anyone know are the RS engines hand built or just standard robot production line assembled? May explain why figures vary so much.

Think it depends on a number of things. How the engines are driven, how they are looked after and of course the dyno on the day of testing.

I'd assume the engines are built by robots.

Think it depends on a number of things. How the engines are driven, how they are looked after and of course the dyno on the day of testing.

I'd assume the engines are built by robots.

Your correct !

He asked me how i drove myn and i said hard to be honest !
He replied ' thats a good thing lol !

Also mym is serviced on time everytime and genrally really well looked after !

And this was done on dyno dynamic rollers !

Should be much improved after camms

I don't know if its just me being around 172s for years, but I just don't believe these figures at all tbh! Seem too magical imo. If a respected tuner (not ktec) like TDF, or 519 can confirm what power they make, i'm all ears :smile:

I don't know if its just me being around 172s for years, but I just don't believe these figures at all tbh! Seem too magical imo. If a respected tuner (not ktec) like TDF, or 519 can confirm what power they make, i'm all ears :smile:

Ill prove it with the before dyno and after dyno thursday ! Look on you tube a 200 cup got 206 bhp standard !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq3imPRHSUE

Myn made 201.9 bhp 166fbt

This made 209bhp and 169ftb

Im shore k teck, dyno dynamic rollers dont lie

It doesnt matter really for before and after if the rollers are optimistic.

For example:
Initial low reading + Cams + After another low reading = +20
Initial High reading + Cams + After another high reading = +20

In theory regardless of how generous they are with the before reading it should still represent the increase accurately.

i never beleive anything ktec say, i had a bloke with a 197 f1 at the national meet tell that ktec prove to him that the standard airbox was restrictive by removing the panel filter and running it on the rollers gaining 15bhp, just to sell him a itg maxogen.

dyno dynamics are all linked back to head office to eliminate human error or something using diff. config file to make car look better than it is.

But be good to see what your car now produces Richy as being so cold the engine should love it.

Next £40 power run at my local place SRR is 11th feb. so think i'll take mine down then.

well i managed to bag me an itg maxogen 600miles old for just under £200 so going to dyno run it tomorrow without it then fit the itg then dyno it again all in the same day to see if it makes a difference positive or negative :smile:

set to be around 2degrees tomorrow so lovely weather for the engine :smiley:

dyno dynamics are all linked back to head office to eliminate human error or something using diff. config file to make car look better than it is.

But be good to see what your car now produces Richy as being so cold the engine should love it.

Next £40 power run at my local place SRR is 11th feb. so think i'll take mine down then.

Don't K-tec give you the print outs of graphs for all the run data?

Yes they do ! I will have them both thursday !

well i managed to bag me an itg maxogen 600miles old for just under £200 so going to dyno run it tomorrow without it then fit the itg then dyno it again all in the same day to see if it makes a difference positive or negative :smile:

set to be around 2degrees tomorrow so lovely weather for the engine :smiley:
nice one getting the maxogen you got a bargin!I no the guy you got it of and seen his map and he got gains from it,Hes running a GTR now after selling his 200 the lucky g*t:thumbup:be good to see your results i will be doing the same in march but will be getting a map at the end so will get gains.

I agree, for me its that one minute no ones 192/200 where making near stock power, now they are exceeding it??

It doesnt matter really for before and after if the rollers are optimistic.

For example:
Initial low reading + Cams + After another low reading = +20
Initial High reading + Cams + After another high reading = +20

In theory regardless of how generous they are with the before reading it should still represent the increase accurately.

This is also very true, I don't believe K Tecs figures from stock, or what they are producing after mods. But I would say/hope their rollers give a good indication of gains at least, hopefully.

after cams I was sitting at 195 but 175lbft of torque. going on a different dyno tomorrow forsome fact finding :smile:

Who did you get that figure from (who's rollers) and who are you going to next mate?

nice one getting the maxogen you got a bargin!I no the guy you got it of and seen his map and he got gains from it,Hes running a GTR now after selling his 200 the lucky g*t:thumbup:be good to see your results i will be doing the same in march but will be getting a map at the end so will get gains.

This will be very interesting to see, I tested a BMC CDA kit on the 182, it lost me all the power I'd gained through cams, decat and remap. And the 182 airbox is at the front of the engine bay

was k-tecs rollers that gave me that figure but its going back.to them soon.

Tomorrow is either a local company called atspeed or a place in Kent. :smile:

I agree, for me its that one minute no ones 192/200 where making near stock power, now they are exceeding it,

Well i got 201bhp and 166fbt, im only saying what the dyno said ?

Myn isnt stock ? It has had a remap, miltek exhaust, de cat pipe. It is serviced on time every time and is genrally driven hard which i heard is got fot it? And was dyno'd yesterday on a nice cold morning.

How would k teck's rollers lie ?

Well i got 201bhp and 166fbt, im only saying what the dyno said ?

Myn isnt stock ? It has had a remap, miltek exhaust, de cat pipe. It is serviced on time every time and is genrally driven hard which i heard is got fot it? And was dyno'd yesterday on a nice cold morning.

How would k teck's rollers lie ?

Mate theres no point in trying to discuss this any more. Your gonna go round in circles. Some people will only believe dyno results when they are done by a specific person/company (Though who is to say that company is right?).

Best thing to do to prove the doubters wrong is have it dyno'd at a different place once you've had the cams fitted. Then you can compare your post cam K-tech power run to the other?

At the very least you'll be able to see the gains from the cams as you've had a before cams dyno run and your gonna get a post cams dyno run.

Also remember its not all about the peak power. Improve power and torque low down will be much more beneficial and noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.