Anyone had camms fitted and actually felt increase in power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate theres no point in trying to discuss this any more. Your gonna go round in circles. Some people will only believe dyno results when they are done by a specific person/company (Though who is to say that company is right?).

Best thing to do to prove the doubters wrong is have it dyno'd at a different place once you've had the cams fitted. Then you can compare your post cam K-tech power run to the other?

Yer exactly !

But is there many places better than k teck ?

But i will post my before and after print outs from k teck then get it dyno'd somewhere else and also post my finings.

It would be great if the ppl would time the 100-200km/h in 3rd gear with a proper timing tool like Racechrono (for Symbian), Dynolicious (iPhone), Dynomaster (Android) and then compare those results with the dyno results because the final numbers are often off when using different dynos.

However - we're talking about GAINS - if using always the same dyno, using the same standards and in the more or less same weather conditions - you can pretty accurately see the GAINS. And that's what this thread should be about. IMHO. :wink:

Yer exactly !

But is there many places better than k teck ?

But i will post my before and after print outs from k teck then get it dyno'd somewhere else and also post my finings.

You dont need to though mate. You should have to. As long as your happy that should be enough. Just because the old 172s and 182s dont make book power why does that mean 197 and 200s wont either?

Different people say K-Tech sucks, others say they are awesome. Its all hear'say and would appear that dissing K-Tech on Cliosport.net anyway is the "in thing".

I'd quite happily take my 200 to K-Tech to have cams fitted. But then I'd also consider RS Tuning or TDF. Everywhere has good reviews and everywhere has bad.

I agree, for me its that one minute no ones 192/200 where making near stock power, now they are exceeding it,

Well i got 201bhp and 166fbt, im only saying what the dyno said ?

Myn isnt stock ? It has had a remap, miltek exhaust, de cat pipe. It is serviced on time every time and is genrally driven hard which i heard is got fot it? And was dyno'd yesterday on a nice cold morning.

How would k teck's rollers lie ?

easy, they fiddle with the setting to read higher than it is, making the customer happy and repeat business, i take mine tdf, matt doesnt b****s**t customers.

easy, they fiddle with the setting to read higher than it is, making the customer happy and repeat business, i take mine tdf, matt doesnt b****s**t customers.

Whats to say he doesnt though? Nice and honest to your face but fiddle with the numbers when yer not looking?

Well i got 201bhp and 166fbt, im only saying what the dyno said ?

Myn isnt stock ? It has had a remap, miltek exhaust, de cat pipe. It is serviced on time every time and is genrally driven hard which i heard is got fot it? And was dyno'd yesterday on a nice cold morning.

How would k teck's rollers lie ?

Personally I take all rr figure with a pinch of salt, the only way to measure power at the fly is to physically measure the power at the fly. You cant do it through the drivetrain and expect an accurate figure. Anyone that knows what they are doin with a rr will tell you they can make the figures say what they want. I've seen some wildly different figures off using the same vehicle.

With regards to your mod/cams as I said in my previous post, I dont necessarily believe the before and after figures, the gains figures is the bit I'd believe and be interested in.

Oh and I wasn't saying yours was standard, I should have been clearer in my post, I am just seeing a lot of standard cars making above book power of late.

Last edited:
Whats to say he doesnt though? Nice and honest to your face but fiddle with the numbers when yer not looking?

i can see where your coming from, but to be honest i dont think hes like that, most of his business is in motorsport not road going cars, plus everytime ive been on the rollers its been with other 197s, 172s

Nope not done yet ! Took it done this morning but due to living so far away i dropped it off and will pick it up thursday.

K-teck are updating the site, so it will be back on soon !

I had myn put on the dyno today thoygh so i could see what it was before i left,
The results were 201.9 bhp and 166fbt

They said that was very impressive and i should be looking at 220bhp from cams and re map!

The car currently on has a full stainless miltek exaust and de cat.

From reading other posts on here, so long as the same rolling road is used once the cams are fitted we'll be able to see the gains.

Even if the rolling road is out/optimistic or say 5% out.

That'd give figures of 191bhp at start and 209bhp after.

i yet to see a car thats actually runs properly after having some sort of cam package, people seem to have problems or sell them on after getting rid of the car a few months later.

Mate i agree with everything you just said, some people cant hack that other peoples cars has better bhp than there's!

It can have a big difference to depending on how the car is maintained not just the mods !

Im happy with k teck so far !

Just cant wait to get it back cammed !

Lol best way to find out is to race

At the very least you'll be able to see the gains from the cams as you've had a before cams dyno run and your gonna get a post cams dyno run.

Also remember its not all about the peak power. Improve power and torque low down will be much more beneficial and noticeable.

I agree. The main benefit is the gains with mods done. I've got a more wild cam than most here, I'm not saying my figures were spot on but my car felt very gd from standard, really strong 5k kick. I got a 25 bhp increase and 15 tourqe gain so I was well chuffed.

i think you missing the point mate, its not about whos got the faster car, me personally fair play if its running what it says, but all we are saying is take it with a pinch off salt

Sorry but you really are on a different planet.

What on earth would be the point of fiddling numbers only for the customer to go and get the car tested somewhere else. How about you stop listening to what "some bloke" tells you and come and see us and we will show you how we operate the dyno?

David.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry but you really are on a different planet.

What on earth would be the point of fiddling numbers only for the customer to go and get the far tested somewhere else. How about you stop listening to what "some bloke" tells you and come and see us and we will show you how we operate the dyno?

David.

Well said ! Im more than happy with my results ! And cannot see how someone could play with dyno results ! Ill look forward to picking up my clio thursday after camms cannot wait !

Last edited by a moderator:
Think everybody will have to settle for having different opinions as I can see this going round in circles.

Max is clearly very pleased with the service he is getting from K-Tech (As I have been any time I've had dealing with them) and we all look forward to seeing the results.

Think everybody will have to settle for having different opinions as I can see this going round in circles.

Max is clearly very pleased with the service he is getting from K-Tech (As I have been any time I've had dealing with them) and we all look forward to seeing the results.

The important thing is that he's happy with how it goes and the service that he gets I agree. I would never criticise the work quality of KTec as I've never used them. I had people telling me I picked the wrong Cams for the 182 as I "only" gained 12bhp peak, but the car runs/idles as it did standard and the mid range gains and driveability are brilliant. So I'm happy, and to me thats what matters :smile:

i never beleive anything ktec say, i had a bloke with a 197 f1 at the national meet tell that ktec prove to him that the standard airbox was restrictive by removing the panel filter and running it on the rollers gaining 15bhp, just to sell him a itg maxogen.

Sorry for another slight rant but I have to laugh at this one. 15bhp by removing the standard panel filter - not a chance that would happen. If that was the case we would have had a new induction kit out months ago!!

Can I give you a little advice "Don't believe everything you are told!".

David.

The important thing is that he's happy with how it goes and the service that he gets I agree. I would never criticise the work quality of KTec as I've never used them. I had people telling me I picked the wrong Cams for the 182 as I "only" gained 12bhp peak, but the car runs/idles as it did standard and the mid range gains and driveability are brilliant. So I'm happy, and to me thats what matters :smile:

I really wish some forum posters took this attitude as they would be a much better place for it.

By all means comment on the service you receive if you have first hand experience of the company, if you have not used them how can you give an opinion on something you have not experienced?

We are happy for anyone to come and see their car tested or worked on. We have not been going for nearly 11 years by trying to fiddle things or make up figures just for the fun of it.

David.

abandon-this-thread.gif

Lol - couldn't help it....

Seriously though, this is mental... I'd just lock the thread before any more egos get bruised, personally... :|

Status
Not open for further replies.