Anyone had camms fitted and actually felt increase in power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just about to have cams fitted at ktr has anyone else had them done with any issues ? And was the car faster once fitted with no issues ?

Leigh, Richy200 and Shakey_hand_man all got cams done (though Shakey went for Shricks) and all say impressive gains.

195 sounds low! My schricks made 221, felt like a different car after, the 5k kick was savage!

I'd love cams but again the results are not conclusive. That worries me. I'm not spending £1400 on something that equally might make some cars better or equally worse....read the posts, they have been issues with the catcams with varying degrees....

Last edited:
I'd love cams but again the results are not conclusive. That worries me. I'm not spending £1400 on something that equally might make some cars better or equally worse....read the posts, they have been issues with the catcams with varying degrees....

worries me to !! to pay that money and no extra power would be terrible !

ive read the posts and most people say there is a massive differnce ?

By who....people that have fitted them? Only handful fitted them with mixed results.

theres someone on here that put K-tek were fab and that he got 209 bhp from it?

I currently have a full miltek exaust and de cat pipe, with standard air filter, and lowered 35 mm, I hope it does make a differnce lol its booked in for monday !! the 30th !!

worries me to !! to pay that money and no extra power would be terrible !

ive read the posts and most people say there is a massive differnce ?

theres someone on here that put K-tek were fab and that he got 209 bhp from it?

I currently have a full miltek exaust and de cat pipe, with standard air filter, and lowered 35 mm, I hope it does make a differnce lol its booked in for monday !! the 30th !!

And he sold the cams 3 months later.......hmmm. Im hoping that KTR have worked through the teethin' problems of the early cams.

195? really? That doesn't sound a lot considering K-tec claims 205 approximately for a similar job. Did you have a before and after dyno? Thanks

195 sounds low! My schricks made 221, felt like a different car after, the 5k kick was savage!

Yeap made 186bhp om the dyno before and that was miltek + decat, itg filter and remap. it is low they said that and Im working with them to get it up!!! Its frustrating and I hope there is an improvement to be had!! It also had matched inlets done at the same time.

I like the shrick cams but the slightly off idle made me concerned in case if it needs warranty work renault question the idle and they were £600 more to have fitted!

Id say you should be fine and you'll feel the difference but don't expect it to be like a whole new car!

Having read through this thread, I've kinda been put off. It will be interesting to see your results, Max. Keep us posted!

Also - what is the longerity of upgraded cams like? How long will they last and/or has anyone had them for a few years?

Last edited:
Think I'll end up going for the Schricks in a few years once the car isnt used as a daily as much because of the lumpy idle etc

I deffo will ! And not to sure think there fine for over 30,000 miles or something like that but ill find out ! 2 days left untill shes done !

engine tuning isnt all about headline figures.

More increases as to what it was before, and increases in useful area's.

If you gain power in mid range then that is far better than gains at the top end. Unless of course you drive everywhere on the redline?

Many moons ago I dipped my foot into the 'tuning' industry and had the BTB exhaust made for the clio 182. When we tested it, top end it gained about 1-2 bhp. Mid range there was a 7 bhp gain. Cat back system, no remap etc.

A mid range gain of that will make a car feel better through the revs, be ideal for over taking etc etc.

So try not to get caught up in final BHP figures. Its more about driveability.

Status
Not open for further replies.