Another Newbie from CS ...

sir_dave

Paid Member
Thought i better say hi.

Was looking into buying a 200 recently, but then decided that a 197 would be a more sensible option. So drove a UR R27 but the price was again not so brilliant. However, i put a small deposit down on a Nimbus 197 Cup today, so though i had better have a peruse of the forum and find out whats what.

I've had my fair share of hot hatches over the years: 2 x 106gtis, caged saxo vts, 306 Rallye, RB182, 172 Cup, 2 x Clio Trophy's, Ed30 Golf & various BMW's including 2 x 328i Sports, 3 x 330ci Sport and a Z3M ...

Current cars are an e46 M3, 330ci Sport and a rather well used 182k mile Trophy ... but saving for a house means going a little bit more sensible for once :jump1:

IMG_1413.jpg
1.jpg
8K9U2279.jpg

Plans for the 197? Currently thinking some black Speedlines, KW V1's & rear ARB (i assume they do one) and maybe some cams as it needs a cambelt anyway ... although tbh, i'm more of a handling man than outright speed.

Anyways. Hiya wavey.gif

Hi. You'll never wash it and it'll make me sad.

This better be coming to Le Mans. :wink:

Ha ha, why'd you think i bought a 'silver' one. Less Detailer.gif required.

Re: Le Mans, we need to transport a fridge down there, so Budgie and I are going to get something daft off eBay, like a 7 series, S-Class, or more than likely a rusty Volvo estate ...

180k on this one too?

Nah, just over 30k, a mere baby!! In fact, barring the RB182 that i bought on 11k, its by far the lowest mileage car i've ever considered!! Hopefully, its as nice as it sounds.

Thanks for the hellos btw people, always nice to feel welcome :wink:

Nice one, lets see the pics of the Nimbus when you pick her up. What made you not go for the R27 then, seen quite a few nice ones crop up recently?

What made you not go for the R27 then, seen quite a few nice ones crop up recently?

Just the price.

R27 was £8.5k with 50k, Cup was £6.5k with 34k.

Admitedly the cambelt was done on the R27 (FS @ Mill Lane Renault btw), & it needs doing on the Cup, but im only buying one to save money really, so the 'luxury' of the R27 wasnt that important. Recaros on the other hand, they are a must have!

In all seriousness, compared to my BMW's, the quality is terrible on all of them anyway lol.

Just the price.

R27 was £8.5k with 50k, Cup was £6.5k with 34k.

Admitedly the cambelt was done on the R27 (FS @ Mill Lane Renault btw), & it needs doing on the Cup, but im only buying one to save money really, so the 'luxury' of the R27 wasnt that important. Recaros on the other hand, they are a must have!

In all seriousness, compared to my BMW's, the quality is terrible on all of them anyway lol.

Ahhh, gotcha, that is strong money especially 50k miles.

I know what you mean about quality, I'm from a strong German stable background to but the Clio really is wicked fun so just try and ignore it.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M New Members 17
cfitzy6 New Members 4
D New Members 23
J New Members 17
G New Members 13