197cup 28.08.10

Fully adj ones dont seem to fit coilovers other than ast ones. Mark how are you finding the asts now? Have they been fully setup yet?

They are awesome mate !

I got them set up a couple of days after fitting them, they guy that set them up set the height, camber, castor, toe etc

They can be a bit harsh around town but once your up to a decent speed :wink: imperfections in the road are non exsistant. Turn in is amazingly quick, it's a real weapon now, though I'm still getting used to it.

On track they are great, I had them turned up to 4 clicks ( I keep them at 0 for the road) a week past on Thursday for a trackday and it's like a new car. It's just missing that bit of extra power for the bigger straights.

AST's can fit standard but adjustable top mounts are better

. . . . . :s still waiting on mine 6 weeks after ordering

Kenny Brown in Hillington. Where are you from ?

They will fit the standard top mounts.

Cheers, thought thats who you would say.

I'm just down the road in A yr. Work in ggow just round the corner from the Proton garage on Portman St at Tradeston.

Cheers, thought thats who you would say.

I'm just down the road in A yr. Work in ggow just round the corner from the Proton garage on Portman St at Tradeston.

Ah, well you'll know it's set-up properly :wink:

Are you looking at getting coilovers yourself ?

Yeah he has an excellent rep.

And its looking like that. Since they'll be used on track I want something for function over looks. I'm not wanting them just to 'slam' it. :wink:

Thank you very much mark!!!:thumbsup:

for fit them i'll need to change my chassis, make some welds or similar?

because i don't know if fit these or r3 access camber plates :innocent: but for the access i'll must weld the plate to the chassis

a new question, at the rear, do you have correct the convergence or the camber with renault sport plates?

-7711160169 Piastra convergenza 1°
-7711160170 Piastra convergenza 30'
-7711160171 Piastra convergenza 20'
-7711160172 Piastra convergenza 10'
-7711160173 Piastra camber 1°
-7711160174 Piastra camber 30'
-7711160175 Piastra camber 20'
-7711160176 Piastra camber 10'

piastrine.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you very much mark!!!:thumbsup:

for fit them i'll need to change my chassis, make some welds or similar?

because i don't know if fit these or r3 access camber plates :innocent: but for the access i'll must weld the plate to the chassis

a new question, at the rear, do you have correct the convergence or the camber with renault sport plates?

-7711160169 Piastra convergenza 1°
-7711160170 Piastra convergenza 30'
-7711160171 Piastra convergenza 20'
-7711160172 Piastra convergenza 10'
-7711160173 Piastra camber 1°
-7711160174 Piastra camber 30'
-7711160175 Piastra camber 20'
-7711160176 Piastra camber 10'

piastrine.jpg

Straight fit for the AST top mounts Simone, road noise will increase but that does not matter :wink:

I have not touched the rear as it is still used on the road though the guy that set it up said he set the camber and toe, I do not know how he done it though as I left the car with him.

I will get a picture showing the camber and toe.

I think he must have meant he set camber and toe on the front, it can't be adjusted on the rear unless you have shims

wow perfect..!!
no welds for me is fantastic so if i'll want to change suspension or fit r3 access top mount i'll free to make it

thanks mark and i'll wait the others picture! ;-)

p.s. my car is "many work in progress...."

I think he must have meant he set camber and toe on the front, it can't be adjusted on the rear unless you have shims

I thought that myself but you can definitely see negative amber and toe in. It may well be that they are standard settings and being able to see them is amplified due to the car being lower.

wow perfect..!!
no welds for me is fantastic so if i'll want to change suspension or fit r3 access top mount i'll free to make it

thanks mark and i'll wait the others picture! ;-)

p.s. my car is "many work in progress...."

I love your car mate, I'd love your airbox but I don't know how to move and mount the coolant bottle :worried:

I'll try and get a picture that shows off the camber and toe.

Last edited:
Think there is a diagram somewhere in his thread mark with all the parts needed to move it and re install! Have a rumage through, after looking through his im going for the schrick cams on mine as they seem to run the best. Some useful stuff!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
knuckles Spotted 1
evilerik Clio General Chat 1
D Spotted 1
Roy General Chat 4
voinea New Members 25