197cup 28.08.10

Looking good mate, what angles are ure suspension set up when it's that low?

I honestly couldnt tell you mate. He used to look after a mates ex wrc subaru and is well know arund here as being the best about so I didnt bother asking.

I left it with him and he set it for a fast road/all round set-up. If I had it set for knockhill it would be undrivable on the road because the layout is manly right turns.

Yeah I know what u meen mate I'll definitely be coming to knockhill wen my car is done, I've got an msv credit for Bedford cus I cudnt go so I'll do that then knockhill woop lol

So the car was dropped of on Friday morning to have the suspension set.

Height, camber, toe, aligned...etc

Heres some pics of how it looks now. The coilovers rebound and compression are currently set at 0 till they are run in (roughly 300 miles) Even set at this the car is totally different, it's so much more direct and theres alot more feel through the wheel.

386b9176.jpg

dd35eb51.jpg

5acb7e19.jpg

c91c4757.jpg

3b86834c.jpg

The Perfection!!
:tongueout:roud::tongueout:roud:

Hi Mark, car looks really great. Nice job done!

Do you have spacers fitted on your car, or just rims with different ET (guess second option is right)? Do you think there is any difference in handling between spacers and rims with different ET?

I think you have HEL braided break lines, but you suggested Goodridge as better choice in some thread. However, I checked Goodridge catalogue and did not find any break lines for Clio Sport III. Do they really produce any for clio III? Where could I buy them?

Finally, I like your break discs. :thumbsup: Are they directly from AP (they offer disc and bell kit for Megane 225, the same should fit to clio), or Yozzasport bells with AP discs?

Car looks so much better in real life belting around a track :drool:

Cheers mate, they were set at 1 and had alot of fun with lift off oversteer. Kenny Browns that set it up has done an amazing job to keep its character, they have heightened the liftoff oversteer but its perfect for me.

Considering I couldnt get near the last 200cup that was at knockhill the setup has improved it alot even if it can go alot stiffer, just got to play about with it now to get it right for wet and dry.

You were doing well in yours, they are amazing in the wet arent they and can hastle alot of more expensive cars with to much power for good traction.

Hi Mark, car looks really great. Nice job done!

Do you have spacers fitted on your car, or just rims with different ET (guess second option is right)? Do you think there is any difference in handling between spacers and rims with different ET?

Different wheels at ET55, I had spacers on my old 197 (25mm) so the ET was alot lower. Can't really compare that other than the car understeered sooner with the lower ET.

I think you have HEL braided break lines, but you suggested Goodridge as better choice in some thread. However, I checked Goodridge catalogue and did not find any break lines for Clio Sport III. Do they really produce any for clio III? Where could I buy them?

There was 'Goodridge' lines on ebay so maybe they aren't

Finally, I like your break discs. :thumbsup: Are they directly from AP (they offer disc and bell kit for Megane 225, the same should fit to clio), or Yozzasport bells with AP discs?

The 225 ones are the exact same but I didnt get mine direct or from yozza I got them from a mate on another forum. I can you put you onto him if your interested in them.

Knockhill was great last night the car was alot of fun but it was wet so theres no pictures :worried:

Cheers mate, they were set at 1 and had alot of fun with lift off oversteer. Kenny Browns that set it up has done an amazing job to keep its character, they have heightened the liftoff oversteer but its perfect for me.

Considering I couldnt get near the last 200cup that was at knockhill the setup has improved it alot even if it can go alot stiffer, just got to play about with it now to get it right for wet and dry.

You were doing well in yours, they are amazing in the wet arent they and can hastle alot of more expensive cars with to much power for good traction.

Knockhill was great last night the car was alot of fun but it was wet so theres no pictures :worried:

Yeah. I think we (the 3 clios) were the fastest through the twisty bits down the bottom. The weather obviously helped a lot. My problem is under braking. I can never judge it just right. As opposed to pressing hard on the pedal for a short amount of time, I find myself braking less but for longer. This was clear where you caught me massively under braking.

I have a wee video of me following you for a few laps. Will upload it to youtube and post the link. Got you going through the chicaine slightly over excitedly :wink:

Last edited:
Yeah. I think we (the 3 clios) were the fastest through the twisty bits down the bottom. The weather obviously helped a lot. My problem is under braking. I can never judge it just right. As opposed to pressing hard on the pedal for a short amount of time, I find myself braking less but for longer. This was clear where you caught me massively under braking.

I have a wee video of me following you for a few laps. Will upload it to youtube and post the link. Got you going through the chicaine slightly over excitedly :wink:

I was trying for some four wheel drifting but it wouldn't jink back round for me :lol:

TCS being off didnt help either.

Last edited:
Uploading the vid now. The camera was supposed to be recording for longer but it stopped which is unfortunate.

ha ha very good noddie. u had a little back end twitch about 4th or 5th corner on the video what tyres are u using in the wet mark?

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
knuckles Spotted 1
evilerik Clio General Chat 1
D Spotted 1
Roy General Chat 4
voinea New Members 25