06 nimbus 197 daily track toy

Right had a fantastic day I had at curborough on Sunday had handled amazingly and felt lovely few pics and a link of one of the videos of when I got out of shape lol

IMG_20161120_100023_1.jpg IMG_20161121_073423.jpg IMG_20161121_073443.jpg IMG_20161121_073520_1.jpg IMG_20161121_073542.jpg FB_IMG_1479734403047.jpg FB_IMG_1479734390919.jpg FB_IMG_1479734490802.jpg

And I've just ordered a full power flex bush kit with camber adjustable bushes cannot wait to get the kit on but before I do that back to the track next week for another go..

Reactions: Jimmy and Sean197
so the plan was to get a new Pure Motosport exhaust however i have managed to find a bargain i have got a miltec with decat and both centre sections for less than £350 posted once i had asked the question if it did come with both pipes i had to have it so the miltec hopefully will be on soon.

looks like you enjoyed the handling..how is it compare to your old set up??
good buy too :thumb:
i loved the old one but you had to hype yourself up to go in in it handled amazingly but was so hard i like this one it handles amazingly on track i do need to try on a bigger track but i like it..

Very nice pick-up.

Great addition that. Going on before Christmas ?
and yeah it should be here today so hopefully will be getting it on before the weekend is over lol

Yay exhaust finally came today few problems however nothing that can't be fixed and the company are hopefully looking to sort something out for me but 1 miltec with all the pipes slight crack in join and repaired box

IMG_20161206_162725_1.jpg

Arghh......thats a pain. And left a little bit of an unsavoury taste im sure.

Still: if you know the right people - it sounds like its no big issue long-term.

Hope you get some suitable recompense !!

I see the exhaust came with the resonated and non resonated middle section. Which are you going to fit?

Quick question regarding your video. what did you use to do the video overlay?

I see the exhaust came with the resonated and non resonated middle section. Which are you going to fit?

Quick question regarding your video. what did you use to do the video overlay?
I'm going for the non res as I still have the cat in the manifold however for track I will probably get the res on there and with the videos I use camtasia it's a mega program fairly easy to use..

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I'm going for the non res as I still have the cat in the manifold however for track I will probably get the res on there and with the videos I use camtasia it's a mega program fairly easy to use..

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Cheers. I was having a good play with race render last night. Which seems pretty awesome but I'll have a look.

Cheers.

zorst has now been fixed and is now on and sounds epic little rattle on heat shield on defuser but will sort this out as its only now and then only issue i have is its a little to close to the plastic for my liking on the LHS and im struggling to move it

Just need to clean it and get some more pics lol but another track day at curbs tomorrow see what it's like

IMAG2044_1.jpg IMAG2045_1.jpg

another trip to Curbs and what a day was a bit dryer but didn't stop me coming off video to come later and now just to add to the list i have picked up all my powerflex bits and just got a k tec induction kit

thought i should do a spec list to tick off what i have wanted but also to see what i have

Spec list

handling
Bilstein B14 coilovers
Ultra Racing anti roll bar
federal rsr tyres
rear spacers 10mm PMS

engine
solid engine mount
miltek non res exhaust with decat
pipercross air filter

interiour
omp steering wheel and boss
corbeau seats on sparco mounts
sabelt harnesses
stripped interiour

exteriour
rear wiper delete
black badge covers

Parts I need to fit
K Tec induction kit – When turns up
Cup racer spoiler – needs painting after Christmas
Powerflex bits // lower arms with camber adjustment // rear arm bushes // full engine mount kit and arb bushes – after Christmas
RS Tuner Map – need to buy the map

@Cliosport-carl how did you find the rsr's in the wet/damp? I'm looking at trackday tyres and I'm torn between a few.
Cheers

Ive only ever had rsrs since i was properly into track driving and it was wet at castle combe in my 172 and it was fine in the dry they where epic and in the 197 i dont know if its because im not used to it or i was pushing a bit hard but after it had dried out and started going dark well ill let you see..

Sorry about the video I have had to remove it... but today I made some minor engine modifications

IMAG2052_1.jpg IMAG2050_1.jpg

And to finish off the day I gave it a good clean
Again

IMAG2067_1.jpg

And got to polish the exhaust I will be finishing it over the weekend.

IMAG2068_1.jpg

Reactions: Jimmy
had a good old clean over the weekend and it looks much better now.. also had the clean the dads leon which was filthy

IMG_82152.jpg IMG_8243.JPG IMG_8259.JPG IMG_8274.JPG
IMG_82652.jpgIMG_82692.jpg
i have also had an idea which really goes against the grain and i have never really been keen on wraping so i might give it a go and paint with some plasti cote first but my idea once i get my cup spoiler will go something like this but satin black

IMG_6402.jpg

Reactions: sevenfourate