06 Albi Blue 197

Builders do take the piss a bit with garages don't they! I only have about 1-2cm between mirrors and garage opening on my single garage.

Lol, they sure do! This one is a nice size for a single car, so long as it isn't more than around 4.8m. The single garage next door would take a much longer car but you could only get in and out of one side.

Anyhow, couple more pics, playing with the settings with my bog standard Kodak, rear arch looks very flared in this one

2011-04-22005a.jpg

LED no. plate lights

2011-04-22004.jpg

So I have been bitten by the LED bug, in the process of changing the interior lighting on both cars. I have an argument for it though - it will drain the battery less if I forget to shut a door or leave a light on. More of an issue on the Honda TBH but I do like the white light.

Also I have decided that anthracite Speedlines are the way forward. Took my track wheels to the garage today, I will get the tyres removed, get the Speedies powder coated then swap the Conti's onto the Speedies with another TPMS system, before fitting the R888's to the 12 spoke wheels that are currently on the car.

I might also get the cage fitted soon in anticipation of another TD.

have you got a link for the number plate lights ralphy please? Ive struggled to find ones that will last from a reputable manufacturer

Thanks, and yes very easy, you just need a flat headed screwdriver, get down under the rear of the car and it should be self-explanatory.

Cup chassis has made things a bit stiffer, may handle a tiny bit better but certainly not night & day. If anything it showed just how good my original suspension still was. If I was doing it again I either wouldn't have bothered, or would have gone for new standard kit.

Hmm I've got the springs and I'm just after dampers now, not sure what to do now, I'd I do I might get a 200 cup steering rack!!

I think you need to look at your reasoning for changing, how you use the car, and if you are at all dissatisfied with its current handling.

I do use mine on track when I have the time and disposable income, and I suppose talked myself into going for a lower mileage setup that was a touch sharper. If I didn't use it on track then I probably wouldn't have bothered, certainly not with going to the Cup spec chassis.

I use mine for only road use at the moment and b road blasts, I will be tracking it next year so that gives me plenty of time to get it done!
I see what you mean about the reasoning though! Pointless of your happy with standard set up.

Took my car into Harratts Wakefield today for the A/C to be looked at again. I was expecting a call to tell me the a/c pump was knackered or some similar bad news, but the problem has hopefully been traced back to a corroded electrical connector which was replaced under warranty, not bad given the age and mileage of the car. Suffice to say I was very pleased!

Also towards the end of last week I changed the rest of my interior and luggage compartment bulbs to LED's, I think only the glovebox hasn't been done. I did this for two reasons, firstly because I prefer the whiter light (this all started with just doing the number plate, but as I ordered the wrong bulbs I had to use them somewhere, right?) and secondly because if my small child now leaves a map light on, or similar, then I hopefully have a larger window of time to spot it before the battery runs down. I have also done the bulbs in the CR-V and this benefited me last night when just before heading to bed I spotted that the rear interior lamp was on, and had been for several hours. Fortunately this wasn't a problem and the car still started on the button.

The Clio will switch all the interior lights off for you when you lock the car! Sounds like you are getting on well with it again matey!