06 Albi Blue 197

Hopefully soon, just trying to sort out the Honda at the moment, went to fit a new bumper, sheared a bolt on the retaining strut so have had to drill that out and am part way through some rust proofing - my hair looks like "there's something about Mary" except it is Bilt Hamber Hydrate 80 rather than something more fun.

Ok, got the alignment adjusted yesterday, Honda is now back together, so while I haven't had chance to wash the exterior yet, I have given the interior a bit of a clean, and here are some photos;

Firstly not the interior, but the engine bay, not particularly clean but at least presentable;

2011-04-06009.jpg

2011-04-06010.jpg

2011-04-06011.jpg

Switching to the opposite end of the car, we have the boot, with Clio plush mat;

2011-04-06001.jpg

2011-04-06002.jpg

And with full size spare;

2011-04-06008.jpg

A few of the new dash trims;

2011-04-06005.jpg

2011-04-06006.jpg

2011-04-06007.jpg

Finally because a few people wanted to know what the Cabasse unit looks like;

2011-04-06003.jpg

2011-04-06004.jpg

Hope to get some exterior shots as soon as I get chance to give it a wash.

I don't disagree, and when I can get a reasonably priced solution to the OBD2, Nav, Bluetooth and iPod, I will be keen to get it. Until then I will have to stick with the gadgets that I have, but fitted as neatly as possible.

I believe alpine do a head unit that has bluetooth, ipod etc...built in. Its the one i'm getting and its going to allow the ipod to be mounted in the glovebox

My iPod is already mounted in the glovebox, I did consider one of these (IDA-X305) but once you add in the adaptor cables for the stalk and display, and the added faff factor of my head unit being under the drivers seat, I decided against it. This would only remove the one small screen from the top right of the dash though. It is the nav that really takes up room, but I don't particularly like single din fold out nav's, and they are bloody expensive!

Just got the car back from Harratts Wakefield, the a/c hadn't been working, the tech's at my parent's garage had found that there was no power to the compressor and suggested a reset was necessary. Phoned up Harratts this morning, they got the car in today and hopefully the problem is solved. Great service in any case, and quite reasonably priced.

Just got the car back from Harratts Wakefield, the a/c hadn't been working, the tech's at my parent's garage had found that there was no power to the compressor and suggested a reset was necessary. Phoned up Harratts this morning, they got the car in today and hopefully the problem is solved. Great service in any case, and quite reasonably priced.

My car was parked next to yours in Harratts car park this afternoon. I'd just had it serviced and projectors fitted.

J3FVW - was yours the black 200?

I spent a couple of hours this evening giving it a wash and polish, touching up the odd stone chip, etc. Hope to finish tomorrow, should have some pics then.

No, mine is a Nimbus 197. When I left at half past two yours was still parked up. I had a nosey at your steering wheel - looks well!

I am so cross, I had a great day driving the car yesterday, down the M1 to J26, then around Nottingham and some great roads in the Leics countryside followed by a trip up to Buxton, Cat & Fiddle, then back home avoiding major roads wherever possible. All business miles, and not much work involved, so that was good, but...

• I have a loose wire on my line-in - should be easy to sort but it was annoying
  • Detoured for VPower on the way home and managed to catch one of the rear wheels on the pump island (Shell Mirfield, first island didn't have VPower but did have excessively long islands for just one pump), this is what I am most cross about, such a stupid mistake! Plus I don't have any spare straight Raiders any more so I might swap and use the Speedlines for road tyres, though I really like the anthracite Raiders with the red calipers. Humph, decisions decisions, and of course more expense and messing about!

Having now done some useful miles on the Cup suspension, I can see why some may find it a bit harsh, and the 197 FF suspension could be a better compromise for day-to-day. I just changed from FF to Cup and I am not certain that I would do it again, remember it is the 200 Cup that gets all of the praise, and that is likely to be more to do with the quicker rack.

Speaking of which, I have a low mileage 200 Cup rack to be fitted at some point in the hopefully not too distant future, which I am quite looking forward to!

It is! Apparently from a very low mileage car, circa 2k. Only thing I am concerned about is that the level of assistance might be different?

Couple of random pics, car needs a wash, firstly my slash cut tail pipe trims (which are stainless, but badly need a polish), which now look a bit more level having had a joint (mid/rear) resealed on the exhaust;

2011-04-17004a.jpg

2011-04-17005a.jpg

You can also see the Renault badge where I had to replace the adhesive on the "L", think I did quite a good job, doesn't look odd anyway.

Next a couple more of the Cabasse unit, one with the cover on, and another of the wiring;

2011-04-17003.jpg

2011-04-17001.jpg

The black and white plugs in the bottom right are the ISO plugs for power and speakers respectively, the red w/black stripe wire had to be added for the audio mute for the phone.

I think the blue and yellow plugs in the bottom left are for the steering column remote and the dash top display.

The grey / red plug at the top left provides the pins for the line-in, along with a number of green wires which I believe are for the dash mounted CD changer.

Pleased to try to answer any questions about this.

Couple of exterior pics, not great but the car looks quite good;

2011-04-22002a.jpg

2011-04-22003a.jpg

We don't usually wedge both in like that, this was just to see if we could actually fit two cars in the "double" garage