Yipeeee...just got up to 30mpg!

The MPG is NOT accurate, do an actual calculation and it will be 3-7 mpg out (low).

It really does depend on the time you drive, traffic and if you race it especially red light to red light.

Quite agree -- did an accurate check on ours and the dash reading was 3.5mpg low

It averages at 27.5 throughout the year so we are really doing 31 and that's giving it some as well -- the cars for driving

A

I just did a 150 mile trip to Birmingham, all motorway plus 5 miles A road. I was 60-65mph most of way down and topped 34.1mpg and I was really trying.

In my old 172cup I drove Leeds to Coventry at similar speeds and saw 52mpg and it's pretty much same engine or so I thought.

Hey ho it's not a car to pick for mpg as town driving I am 22-24

I just did a 150 mile trip to Birmingham, all motorway plus 5 miles A road. I was 60-65mph most of way down and topped 34.1mpg and I was really trying.

In my old 172cup I drove Leeds to Coventry at similar speeds and saw 52mpg and it's pretty much same engine or so I thought.

Hey ho it's not a car to pick for mpg as town driving I am 22-24

Think of the extra weight the MK3s have to carry though. It's a lard ar$e remember.

when i have checked mine found it to be half a gallon up (10.5 used on trip) after 10 gallon used when i have come to fill up

the trip computer is also very keen to average the data...perhaps too keen!!!

The onboard compter does under read by a bit, around 3mpg. I've plugged in an ODB reader and used that to calculate mpg and that read higher by a fair bit.

Not sure why though, French maths?

The first day i had mine i was watching the MPG go UP, got it to about 34 but since then i thought 'stuff this for a game of soldiers' and dont bother now.

The average reset itself after 9999 miles (trip) and i was at donington so went down to the low teens but now it's on something like 22MPG.

mpg

we have a 197 cup .its my wifes daily driver most of the time its just above 25 mpg , i dont get to drive it very often .however went for a spin yesterday did about 40 miles and it was showing 32.8 mpg . do it the old way and brim the tank then check the mileage between fill ups and its regulary returning 29 mpg . dont think the trip computers are dead accurate. we also have a 182 and a phase 1 172 .the 172 will return 40 mpg and the 182 ,36 mpg , all three cars have had remaps and there all basically the same engine. every cars different.