197: Wrote off?

Problem is I'm in Barnsley and they are taking the car to Grimsby today, if it does get wrote off theres not a lot I can do about swapping seats, could do with swapping them this morning

If you get them to hold i can drive up after work? Theres no way i can get there this morning, will only get out the office at 5 and will then be a 3 and a half hour drive (providing rush hour isnt a ball ache).

Or get them to check the car etc and get it back off the after saying you'll make a decision, i can then head up friday straight from work.

Sorry for your bad luck,I am sure if you told them you have a hospital appointment :wink:they would put of for one day to give you time to swap.

Sorry for your bad luck,I am sure if you told them you have a hospital appointment :wink:they would put of for one day to give you time to swap.

Yeah, if there is any way to delay then we can try and sort something out. Just take the seats out now, replace with some plastic garden chairs :wink:

They are auto reclining too - just press the accelerator :smiley:

munchi30 - ​if you have managed to stall things until tomorrow then let me know. Ill be able to head up to Barnsley tonight after work.

Steve the only thing to bare in mind if this goes ahead. Try and losen the 4 bolts on your seat runners BEFORE you set off. They can seize up and be a bugger to undo, and the last thing you want is to be stranded unable to remove your seats when you arrive.

If they are a pain try giving them a soak overnight in WD40.
(I learnt all this the hard way FYI)

Steve the only thing to bare in mind if this goes ahead. Try and losen the 4 bolts on your seat runners BEFORE you set off. They can seize up and be a bugger to undo, and the last thing you want is to be stranded unable to remove your seats when you arrive.

If they are a pain try giving them a soak overnight in WD40.
(I learnt all this the hard way FYI)

Cheers James - not yet heard back so assume it wont and the insurance company has taken the car to Grimsby

Sorry for delay responding, they collected it this morning so thats that, I did phone depot at Grimsby but the girl said he was 2 miles away, It had full Milltek on as we'll as recaros, Ive kept tduk sprintbooster, rs mats, bluefin just in case.

Sorry for delay responding, they collected it this morning so thats that, I did phone depot at Grimsby but the girl said he was 2 miles away, It had full Milltek on as we'll as recaros, Ive kept tduk sprintbooster, rs mats, bluefin just in case.

No chance to ask them to drop back while you 'think on your options' or something? Say about get a second opinion?

If no, i wonder if they would let you get hold of the seats?

I dont know how it all works or if anything can be done now, but if there is the slighest chance you can get the Recaros ill come straight to Yorkshire :smile:

Sorry to hear about the crash, never nice! Are you going to buy a new clio?

I'm sure you can contest the car being transported away for evaluation, the only thing would be that you may have to pay is a slight transport cost? My grandads old car was delivered to his drive as requested and assessed at his home before being transported away to be repaired. I would be fighting them taking it away with mods unless your insurance covers their value ontop of the car price.

Please do let me know first if recaros are available. Would you not consider selling them even if car is being sold as private?

as said, will offer my seats and cash

Initial bill is £2118+vat plus anything else they find, the labour cost is just £299 out of that bill which seams low, what do you all think the cars worth, Recaros, auto wipers and lights, climate, genuine spoiler, Milltek, new contisport 5s all round and in excellent pre accident condition with 70000 on clock.

Initial bill is £2118+vat plus anything else they find, the labour cost is just £299 out of that bill which seams low, what do you all think the cars worth, Recaros, auto wipers and lights, climate, genuine spoiler, Milltek, new contisport 5s all round and in excellent pre accident condition with 70000 on clock.

Not sure, have a look on auto trader and do a comparison. As said though, if the recaros become available let me know