197: Wrote off?

Look what happened this morning, I was stood at junction when a woman came round corner completely on wrong side of road, sun was in her eyes, whats the chance of it getting wrote off, its worth about £6000

Doesn't look good mate, damage looks similar to what I had on my R26 which was wrote off, did the airbag go off?

So long as the airbags didnt deploy i would take a guess they will repair it. It only appears cosmetic (front bumper, slam panel) and then a paintjob?

....even if it is written off it would be cat D....you could probably get that sorted out easy enough....does it still drive ok?

Ouch... I'd be gutted. fortunately its not a 200, otherwise you'd be waiting 5 months for a replacement bumper.

Its worse than it looks, airbags didn't deploy but light is on,both wings are damaged and both lights are smashed on backs, radiator is pushed back into fan and burst, both inner wings are damaged, wings are pushed back into doors, not sure if chassis is damaged as front cross member is bent in, spots are damaged, wipers stopped working, lots of other little bits broken, I hope it gets wrote off, shame about the Recaros though.

Last edited:
Sounds like a write off to me with that much damage TBH. Like Fernandez said, if the airbags in the Recaros are intact I'd make a swap of those before the insurance nazi's get you.

Last edited:
Well its been almost an hour and no-one has yet asked for first dibs on the Recaros. This place is getting slow!

Such a bad luck mate. This is my only fear tbh, someone come and smash my car out of nowhere after having spent so much money/effort/time etc on it. Gutted for you. Hope you get it your way asap.

If it is unfortunately a write of and you consider the suggestions above then give me a shout, ill give you cash along with my current seats for the Recaros.

Problem is I'm in Barnsley and they are taking the car to Grimsby today, if it does get wrote off theres not a lot I can do about swapping seats, could do with swapping them this morning

i got £3000 worth of repairs done on a clio trophy that is only worth £4000, so i think you should be safe with getting it repaired