would 205 50 17 fit (winter tires) ???

Does anyone have experience with 205 50 on clio 197, because for a winter tire I always perfer a narrower one (in this case from 215 to 205),
and would the difference between height 45 on oem and 50 on winter be a problem ?

Your tyres would be 11.5mm bigger and therefore your speedo would be over reading slightly.
So if your speedo said 70 you would actually be doing 71.29mph.
But as we know the speedo over reads already. So it might actually make your speedo dead on.
And there is no reason as to why they wouldn't fit.

works just fine, I am running 205 50 17 dunlop winter m3, very happy with them, a little cheaper than 215 45 and also a little bit better in the snow,

You guys actually risk your 197/200 by using them in the snow? Dont get me wrong im not saying winter tyres are bad but all it takes is someone else not to bother with them and well... you get the picture! :/

You guys actually risk your 197/200 by using them in the snow? Dont get me wrong im not saying winter tyres are bad but all it takes is someone else not to bother with them and well... you get the picture! :/

I don't get this comment? Surely being able to stop, turn and go in the snow is a good thing?

Im saying the other people that dont fit winter tyres are the problem which is why i leave mine at home and dont bother fitting winter tyres.

The snow lasts what, 1 or 2 weeks out of the year if we are unlucky?

Ah right, fair point. Mine tends to stay at home in the snow too as I drive my van and the gf hates driving in the snow. I thought you were saying they shouldn't fit winter tyres. If your going out when the going gets tough then they are a good idea really.