Wiper randomly stops, mid wipe

Can you program the immobiliser on the new uch when you get it? And set all the parameters? Out of interest how much was your can clip and can it change configurations for example enabling cruise in the clocks?

Can you program the immobiliser on the new uch when you get it? And set all the parameters? Out of interest how much was your can clip and can it change configurations for example enabling cruise in the clocks?

I won't be able to start the car until the UCH is programmed, but I'll be able to check if it fixes the wiper fault. Assuming it does, I'll look to program it. I need the vehicle access code to do so, but a bit more reading and I should be ok.

The one I have was 170, not sure about the cruise in the clocks, you mean in the central clock?

No the actual clocks, with speedo etc you have to configure cruise in them so they respond to the cruise control and display speed and cruise/limiter symbols

@Graham Brownlee Did you manage to get your wipers fixed?

Car is currently in the garage (SWR in Stirling) and they have fixed it. Happy days.

Turned out to be the UPC. I've got a receipt from the previous owner showing this was replaced to fix the fault last year, so I'd not considered it. Lesson learnt, always check yourself, don't take someone else's word for it.

Thanks for the help/suggestions on here, this was ruining the car for me.

With any luck I'll be at Knockhill for the track day next Saturday.

Car is currently in the garage (SWR in Stirling) and they have fixed it. Happy days.

Turned out to be the UPC. I've got a receipt from the previous owner showing this was replaced to fix the fault last year, so I'd not considered it. Lesson learnt, always check yourself, don't take someone else's word for it.

Thanks for the help/suggestions on here, this was ruining the car for me.

With any luck I'll be at Knockhill for the track day next Saturday.
whats a upc? under bonnet computer? the uch is whats commonly referred to as the body computer that sits behind the glovebox (bsi in Peugeot/citroen sheds)

Last edited:
The UPC is the Protective Switching Unit. It's located under the bonnet behind the rhs headlight cluster.

It contains fuses and relays and controls wiper / lighting functions etc.

Managed to pick one up on eBay for £70. The only coding required is the alternator and the vin afaik.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dumdum
Thread revival.

Mine appears to be doing the same thing.
Already replaced the stalk, which initially seemed to fix it. But went out to drive it last night and it’s started wiping 3 times when I turn the engine on

Sounds similar to the fault in mine. Although mind was less predictable. Sometimes the wiper would work for a while, then the fault would be back and it would stop mid wipe.

It’s not predictable in the slightest. It’ll not do anything for a period of time.
Removing all the plugs on the stalk generally gets it going again.

Then it’ll either fault again or work normally

Could be the UPC then. The part itself can be swapped fairly easily. I ended up getting one second hand pretty cheaply

The UPC is the Protective Switching Unit. It's located under the bonnet behind the rhs headlight cluster.

It contains fuses and relays and controls wiper / lighting functions etc.

Managed to pick one up on eBay for £70. The only coding required is the alternator and the vin afaik.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

don’t suppose you have a link for this do you as I’m having the same issue and my front wipers only seem to be working on full speed?