Winter = Ropey Mud flap time

They look quite good fox! Did you make those ? The front ones look quite small though, to be effective enough to protect the rear quarters from chips?

They look quite good fox! Did you make those ? The front ones look quite small though, to be effective enough to protect the rear quarters from chips?

yeh - think they are my mk3 version - i didnt want them to big or to small - they do stop a lot of dirt/damage but dont totally stop it

used that rally flap material - and self tappers to hold in place via the wheel arch liner

just wash it more often, lol.

Its more about the chips from the rock salt on the road flying at your rear quarter rather than trying to keep it clean.

Take a look at your lower rear quarter and I bet there is a a few chips. Only gets worse unfortunately :worried:

Last edited:
Its more about the chips from the rock salt on the road flying at your rear quarter rather than trying to keep it clean.

Take a look at your lower rear quarter and I bet there is a a few chips. Only gets worse unfortunately :worried:

Absolutely - on both my old e46 M3's i fitted clear vinyl to them to protect the rear quarters, and on the Clio i compared the chips on both sides to make sure the car haddnt had paint :wink:

My flaps will be for all year round use, though like i say, fronts only for me :smile:

I have just done mine, started off with some 4mm black rally flap material, made a template using cardboard, and fited into place using two self-tappers, the original screw for the liner, and two Ford mudflap clamps that I had knocking around.

2010-11-26001.jpg

2010-11-26002.jpg

2010-11-26003.jpg

2010-11-26004.jpg

2010-11-26005.jpg

2010-11-26006.jpg

2010-11-26007.jpg

2010-11-26008.jpg

2010-11-26009.jpg

If I am critical, I haven't quite got the angle right, the bottom corner sticks out a touch too far, but at this time of year that is no great problem, I will probably give them a tweek at some point. Good news is that both came out of a single piece of rally flap material, so I have some left to have a crack at the rears.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Clio General Chat 2
jasonlovesfrench Gallery 0
matt9566 General Chat 8
S Wheels and Tyres 0
ZorkoRS197 Clio General Chat 2