Windscreen washer problems

Antti O

Gold Member
Hi
I think my clio 197 windscreen washer is faulty. When i apply washer it takes 1-2 seconds and wipers starts to wipe and after one wipe there is coming fluid, but not so great. Right nozzle sprays some kind of okay, but left one about half of power. We have clio 2 and it has much better washer, first there is coming the fluid all over windscreen and after then wipers start to work. In my clio III first wipers start and then fluid. I think there is something wrong.
Basically this will damage windscreen after years of use.

I tried to fill up that tank full and hoses look good, but the tank & washer motor are hidden so deep i cannot even see those from enginebay.
Car is 2007 197 with 55.000 kilometers.

Any help ?

Whip bumper off and follow the hoses, check for holes, the reservoir comes from the drivers side wheel arch so wheel off and arch liner out or very small hands will be needed.
I damaged the hose to my xenon washers so bought some hose and wired it up again, took 10 min once bumper/ wheel off.

:smile:

You might want to fit a 'non return valve' in the system, it might be the water going back down the pipes.

You might want to fit a 'non return valve' in the system, it might be the water going back down the pipes.

I will upload youtube video later today how my washer work.
Should there be that kind of valve as factory standard?
btw. is it possible to disable headlight washers by removing fuse?

Last edited:
That just looks like there might be muck in one of the jets.

Push a pin into the jet see if it clears.