Window/Door seal replaced

Matt197

South West Rep
What an annoying job it is to, no wonder when the dealers replace them they fall off.

I must have spent a good hour removing all the left over glue, because you can’t get much down the side I was using cotton wall and ear buds soaked in glue remover, then a sharp scalpel to scape the glue away.

Driver’s side is fine but the passenger side went a bit wrong, when removing the film from the double sided tape the tab broke off, so had to remove the seal again so it’s not stuck properly at the top as it lost its stick.

Should hold though, I can guarantee it will split again before it falls off.

Just glad its done now.

What an annoying job it is to, no wonder when the dealers replace them they fall off.

I must have spent a good hour removing all the left over glue, because you can’t get much down the side I was using cotton wall and ear buds soaked in glue remover, then a sharp scalpel to scape the glue away.

Driver’s side is fine but the passenger side went a bit wrong, when removing the film from the double sided tape the tab broke off, so had to remove the seal again so it’s not stuck properly at the top as it lost its stick.

Should hold though, I can guarantee it will split again before it falls off.

Just glad its done now.

Where did you get them from can I ask?

One of mine is starting to go.

Main dealer mate.

P/N: 82 00 341 503

And they are around £8.50 each I think, I got staff discount so got both for £13.50

Better doing them your self.

Nop, it already has self adhesive tape.

So no need for any special glue just as long as the area is cleaned properly first.

Is this the seal that is attached to the front of the rear side window???

If its a simple job i'll do mine too as they have started to go.

i think so, how long does it take on average to replace and how long until they start to go?

Yes that's the ones Ben.

Depends Woody, if you get lucky like pritchardR27 and they remove leaving hardly any glue behind then 10min.

I must have spent a good 45min each side getting all the glue off, fitting them is the easy part.

58 plate, 2 years old.

Started to go when the car was a year old, and when I replaced them today they were split from top to bottom.

I blame it on the pressure washer making them age much quicker, I now keep the jet well away from them.

Plus we have a lot of salt in the air down here so that does not help either.

Mines two years old and garaged all week with only 9000 miles on it, and my drivers side one is all but dead.

Mine have both gone recently too, 2 years old! TwingoGeeko sorted me out with a new pair that should be here this week!

Had one of mine replaced but now thats going agian along with the other side.

They had to use an outside company to fit mine as it fell off when they did it.