Why does Renault keep selling the Rs clio short....

After drooling over Pauls (RS Tuning) R26R, I thought why does RenaultSport keep selling the clio short?

RS Clios (aside from paint jobs and a bit of interior)
R27 was just 197 with a few boxes ticked off the accessories list
Gordi (as above)
Silverstone (as above)

RS Megane
R26 gets LSD and more power
R26R...where do I start (epic)
250...already got the 265

Just isn't fair Renault...

Last edited:
Yep if they would have done simular things with the Clio we would have no one selling up as we would have had everything we wanted

All to do with cost and pricing! It needs to appeal to a certain sector, where competition is intense, and doesn't want to price itself out of the market.

But you have to consider it a USP, given that the Clio and Meg already share some fundamentals popping a diff in etc wouldn't actually add that much to the price. Even a new exhaust or discs or diffuser would have set them apart while still being cheap!

I agree, sort it out Renault!

But you have to consider it a USP, given that the Clio and Meg already share some fundamentals popping a diff in etc wouldn't actually add that much to the price. Even a new exhaust or discs or diffuser would have set them apart while still being cheap!

I agree, sort it out Renault!

I can sum it up in the following phrase :

'It's Renault' :rofl:

Clio Williams out at the start of 2012 apparently?
With an estimated 240BHP and other bits and bobs....
£25k though!

believe it when i see it.

More likely to be a 200 in a new dark blue with cup pack and recaros, and a plaque that says "This isnt special i any way 1/500", spot on with the 25k though.

The problem is, if they make the Clio much quicker, it will be stepping on the toes of the Meg. Then you have a small hot hatch and a slightly bigger hot hatch that are similar. People would stop buying the Meg if it is more expensive.

240 is a stretch too far 220 is more realistic for reliability and separating the two model lines etc.

So come on then people, what would make a Clio 'special', lets try and keep it realistic, who knows what might happen :wink:

Realistically, a 200 verson of the R26R. But NA with new map, LSD, Cage, track tyres and exhaust. Just the weight loss alone would make it adifferent car....