Why do the R.S cars loose money so quickly: your thoughts

I can see what you mean but still, it'll be 200 bhp, Sport down the side and have a turbo. If anything i'll bet it'll be probs more on insurance premiums and also probs more on tax!

It'll be cheaper on tax, I can almost guarantee.
The new face lift corsa Vxr is cheaper than the older models.
And the mini S turbo engine ones are cheaper too.
Both around £190 a year iirc.

I don't think the quality is bad. Go on to any other forum and you'll see looong lists of issues. I think BMW's are generally pretty solid but my last TT (latest model) was in the garage for camshaft sensor, crankshaft sensor, blown amplifier, convertible roof failed twice, drivers door dropped (arrived from the factory with missing bolts), mysterious leak in the convertible caused stereo and other stuff to stop working until it dried out after 5/6 hours (luckily it's hot here).... it only had 27,000kms on the clock. Vorsprung Durch WTF!
Edit: but the girls loved it!

Enjoy the car for what it is, the grass isn't always greener

Attachments

• Photo114.jpg
    Photo114.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I'm sort of looking for a 197 f1 or a 200 but starting to lose interest.
I've viewed 4 cars now , two 197's and two 200's ,
If the recaros wasn't worn the steering wheel was falling apart .

I'm sort of looking for a 197 f1 or a 200 but starting to lose interest.
I've viewed 4 cars now , two 197's and two 200's ,
If the recaros wasn't worn the steering wheel was falling apart .

The steering wheel wears like that in all of them, it's not a reason to be turned off a car if it was in good shape everywhere else. Easily replaced/repaired.

It'll be cheaper on tax, I can almost guarantee.
The new face lift corsa Vxr is cheaper than the older models.
And the mini S turbo engine ones are cheaper too.
Both around £190 a year iirc.

Tax will be cheaper as it's all on emissions now, one reason why they've gone turbo.

...only for the uneducated and ignorant snobs :thumbsup:

This.

They are now at a price point where the people buying them will want to mod them and the 197/200 is very expensive to mod. We know how good they are and a standard 197 will outhandle most other modded cars but, they don't make the claimed power, aren't particually fast in a straight line and above all need some talent to get the best out of them.

I for one love the exclusivity and rarity of my car. You can't put a price on that :hug:

I don't think the 197 lost value quickly when it first came out, the 200 has though, but there are so many factors not just with the 'french' tag it carries but just the economy in general, sports cars all round now lose value like crazy, even though the EP3 civic type R has really held out, the FN2 has dropped massively.

Newer cars seem to be losing value really quick imo, the RS price drop is crazy though, can't believe how cheap the Megane 250's are now, I've seen a few knocking around for 13-14k on 10 plates.

My guess is running costs, mine will be up for sale shortly for only £5900 (39k), its a little annoying but i guess we knew that before buying them. One reason I'll never buy a brand new Renaultsport.

I thought that the Silverstone edition had leather seats with the circuit outline stitched into the top. Was this an option or have I just seen a one off?

Similar Thread Suggestions