Why Clio's annoy me......Part 1.

Speaking of seatbelts, mine doesn't retract itself and I usually have to feed it the first couple of inches. Really annoying because if you leave it, it'll get stuck in the door. Even my poverty spec 206 was better in this respect, especially since it also had black belts

Silver....are they meant to be (?) belts.

Another Blurghhhhhhhh................

EDC LUX air con button! Labelled "air con off", with a light that illuminates when it's off! What the hell is wrong with a button labelled "air con" and then, light on, for on, and light off, for off?

So, you're sitting in traffic in winter, you want to put the vents on re-circulate, so what happens? It steams up! You can't press air-con off, as that'll turn it off, which is a waste of time as it's already off, as it's steaming up and you've got the temp set at 24 'cos it's cold!

What a idiotic design. Let's press "max" for the De-mist... and the re-circulate turns itself off again! Totally stupid.

I've half wondered, if you can press "max demist", then "re-circulate", does it then keep the air-con on or not. You just don't know, until it steams up, or not!

And breathe! Or don't, as that'll steam up the car!

Reactions: sikora and Dystant
The Recaro definitely does slide forward, mine do! They do need a bit of a nudge to get them sliding, I usually have to help move it forward from the driver seat as people tend not be able to do it. Bloody passengers :imp:

There isn't a lot of room to get in and out though, I don't envy you messing around with a baby seat!

Reactions: shells2074
Every time I go into a garage to have maintenance/upgrades done I come out knowing I need to do more work on these little French money pits!

Reactions: Lewjew
Probably mentioned elsewhere but my god the throttle response is shocking.

Door handle being FAR too close to the hinge.

Under scuttle panel drainage.

The crazy design of the map sensor.

Quality of the material on the Recaros.

Quality of the material on the steering wheel.

Recaros not staying put when pulled back.

Front bumper popping out.

That's about it from me. The rest of the issues don't bother me too much and we're lucky to have almost no sign of kangarooing or flat spots on our car. I still think the 197 is absolutely fantastic, it looks great and is an absolute blast to drive. They got so much of it right straight from the factory, it's hard to complain about it much when it puts such a large smile on my face so easily.

Reactions: RossWoods93
^^^

Not sure on purely "throttle response", but with the cold map, the kangarooing issues some suffer and the general pedal / engine reaction at times: from standard mine was for sure the worst 'fuelling' car as standard i have ever owned.

Thankfully Engine Dynamics magic improved all these issues by 200%.

TBH - if it wasnt able to be sorted....im not sure i could have lived with it as it arrived with me.......

All the rattles, squeaks, knocks that come and go. Got one now with the exhaust. CAN'T FIND THE SODDING RATTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The lack of usable performance is one. For a car with supposedly ~200bhp, it is shockingly slow.

Reactions: Sean197
^^^

Not sure on purely "throttle response", but with the cold map, the kangarooing issues some suffer and the general pedal / engine reaction at times: from standard mine was for sure the worst 'fuelling' car as standard i have ever owned.

TBH - if it wasnt able to be sorted....im not sure i could have lived with it as it arrived with me.......
How did they do this? I hate the cold start. If I get chance I always warm it up before setting off. Big gripe lol

How did they do this? I hate the cold start. If I get chance I always warm it up before setting off. Big gripe lol

'Simple' re-map....done for performance after fitting manifold, exhaust etc.

The cold start issues etc being sorted is some bonus though !!

^^^

Interesting mate. The throttle response on ours is really poor. Detracts so much from the experience. Granted, the other car is an absolute animal in that respect so it may be exaggerated for me a little because of that, but on our car, for certain it's not good enough and my least favourite thing about it. I've had a good nose around on here about it too and it seems it's not unusual and there isn't much can be done about it. I've learned to live with it and know that I just need to be really aggressive with it. Which is kinda fun in itself but I know the thrills would feel much more visceral if I felt like I had to give the throttle more respect.

Reactions: sevenfourate
If I get chance I always warm it up before setting off. Big gripe lol

To be fair, we should all do this really. It's never going to do any harm to take it easy until everything is up to temperature. It certainly builds in a good safety zone that stops you getting in a spanking it straight from the off!

:smile:

To be fair, we should all do this really. It's never going to do any harm to take it easy until everything is up to temperature. It certainly builds in a good safety zone that stops you getting in a spanking it straight from the off!

:smile:
It won't get spanked first off cos it simply won't and yes its wrong to try. My 172 however didn't have the cold start problem. I love it when the gage rises and it's ready for it :smile:

'Simple' re-map....done for performance after fitting manifold, exhaust etc.

The cold start issues etc being sorted is some bonus though !!
Still a pricey thing to do though eh. Maybe not looking at extra bhp but fix the cold start? I'll just continue to leave the house/work a few minute's early :smile:

It won't get spanked first off cos it simply won't and yes its wrong to try. My 172 however didn't have the cold start problem. I love it when the gage rises and it's ready for it :smile:

Ha, me too. Wait for it... wait for it... ready? GO!!!

:smiley:

One of my favourite things about my other car is that it has lights around the rev counter that progressively go out that gives you a limit up the rev range until they're all out and it's time to go. Fun!

Similar Thread Suggestions