Who's using Cup Racer / R3 bits?

The Clio is finished and back on the road again!

The racer geo is not as crazy as I first thought it would be. The front camber is around -3.5 degrees with the top mounts in their neutral position.

Driveshafts are awesome, no issues with turning/noise under load. They sit bang on in then cvs. Of course at -3.5 degrees I'm at my minimum camber with top mounts out, so more camber won't be an issue.

Drives just as it did before, of course looking forward to getting to know it on track again!

The track rods are kind of temporary, I figured out a better way to make them using 4 standard track rods.. all for piece of mind and safety. However these will be spares!

df3f19f999cea2b7a8a648a32a1fb860.jpg

064d5cdfe58780c54788e0436c25e673.jpg

765b1d3389960389f341aac6668c78c1.jpg

http://www.clio197.net/threads/gw-197-ex-michelin-road-cup-racer-track-car-sprints.53560/

Reactions: HIROSHI TOKUTOMI
Thanks for documenting all this information, very useful and interesting! :sunglasses:

Could any of you gents confirm that the TRE bump steer bits can be fitted on their own? Or are other bits necessitated by their use?

And is it necessary to widen the hole in the hub for their installation?

Thanks for documenting all this information, very useful and interesting! :sunglasses:

Could any of you gents confirm that the TRE bump steer bits can be fitted on their own? Or are other bits necessitated by their use?

And is it necessary to widen the hole in the hub for their installation?

You can just fit them in their own, tho it's half of that part alone... 9mm Rack spacers and the tre adaptors are the bump steer kit. Also technically still not everything as the subframe also adds 6mm to the correction.

They fitted straight to my hubs, but I already had sleeve nuts in my hubs; I think standard the hole is too small on top.

197 Meglio Racer ! http://www.clio197.net/threads/gw-197-track-sprint-car-cup-racerified-and-now-boosted.53560/

You can just fit them in their own, tho it's half of that part alone... 9mm Rack spacers and the tre adaptors are the bump steer kit. Also technically still not everything as the subframe also adds 6mm to the correction.

They fitted straight to my hubs, but I already had sleeve nuts in my hubs; I think standard the hole is too small on top.

197 Meglio Racer ! http://www.clio197.net/threads/gw-197-track-sprint-car-cup-racerified-and-now-boosted.53560/

That's great news although I expect the hubs will need to come off to drill out the hole.

Reasons for me considering this are two fold, firstly one of the OEM inserts from the same position is missing and replacements are proving difficult to source. Secondly I'm about to lower the car a little so even a small adjustment in TRE location should be a positive compared to refitting a standard part.

Is there anything else from what you've done that you would recommend as cost effective and reasonable on a roadcar that gets ocassional track use? It's essentially my third track car so I won't be turning it into an all out track toy.

Thanks for the help! :thumb:

That's great news although I expect the hubs will need to come off to drill out the hole.

Reasons for me considering this are two fold, firstly one of the OEM inserts from the same position is missing and replacements are proving difficult to source. Secondly I'm about to lower the car a little so even a small adjustment in TRE location should be a positive compared to refitting a standard part.

Is there anything else from what you've done that you would recommend as cost effective and reasonable on a roadcar that gets ocassional track use? It's essentially my third track car so I won't be turning it into an all out track toy.

Thanks for the help! :thumb:

I would just sort bushes and leave ride height a touch higher

Bit of a thread revival. But where's best to source these parts?
Moreso the EE brackets and track rod end correction parts

When fitting the cup racer subframe and supports what bolts are people using for the two that bolt the subframe to the body, and the two that go through the supports and wishbones?