Who's fitted cup suspension?

930Tech

CLIO CUP groupee.
Platinum Member
As title really, i remember a couple of people who've bought new cup dampers and then gone for eibach or other aftermarket springs.

I've gone through a few build threads but can't seem to find them, anyone help?

I have the exact setup your talking about on my 200

Renault Cup Dampers Front and Rear (pink dot)

and Eibach Pro Spring

Very firm but on track its ace

Obviously not as good as coilies though

Im waiting for Angel to sort out the Ohlins/BC stuff

I want to put some Eibach's on my R27, but I'm worried that because it's on 63k miles the shocks won't last much longer if I do. Does anyone know how long the cup shocks typically last? I've never heard of anyone having to replace theirs I don't think.

For what they cost Ross it's probably worth while just changing the Dampers too and having everything fresh.

For what they cost Ross it's probably worth while just changing the Dampers too and having everything fresh.

Yeah that's a good point. I can sell my current shocks to subsidise the cost. (I need some retail therapy after being denied cams :'()

I have the exact setup your talking about on my 200

Renault Cup Dampers Front and Rear (pink dot)

and Eibach Pro Spring

Very firm but on track its ace

Obviously not as good as coilies though

Im waiting for Angel to sort out the Ohlins/BC stuff

Is yours one of the later cars with smaller top mounts?

Mine have orange dots on the dampers.

Just had a damper replaced and my originals had a green painted x on the bottom too but this new damper has'nt.

I'm 99% sure that the green paint will have been a QC mark, most of the bolts on the car will have a green or purple mark over them. Well, mine does at least!!!

I have a photo of my rear shocks for you if you still need it. :smile:

It's not paint over a bolt hole it's more of a propper cross on the bottom of damper.

When jonesy was trying to sell his, they had the mark too in his advert.

Ah right, I'll have another look tomorrow. At the very bottom I the damper so that when it's on the car it'll be pointing towards the floor?

Ah ok, two secs, I'll go see if I can find the torch and I'll check now for you. :smile:

This pic is from zadir when he was selling his cup suspension.

23072012715.jpg

I'm 99% sure that the green paint will have been a QC mark, most of the bolts on the car will have a green or purple mark over them. Well, mine does at least!!!

i agree!!

just make sure both dampers have the same part number - they are KYB dampers arent they?

if unsure unbolt them and try to compress them - if they are odd it will soon show up - or do a corner bounce test

I'll have to get underneath properly this weekend, i know it says renault on the damper.